PDA

View Full Version : Wix Oil Filter

denverdale
10-05-2002, 08:41
I know there is a lot of info on here regarding oil filters. I checked with my dealer yesterday and they get $16.36 for the AC Delco PF 2232. My local car parts store can get it for me for $15.95. The guy at the car parts store told me that the Wix filter has a 20#/sq. in. pressure relef valve. What is the spec on the AC Delco? Any one know.
Thanks
Denverdale

JEBar
10-05-2002, 09:10
25,000 on my truck, all filter changes have been Wix except one when I used an STP filter ... both types appear to have done a good job for me :cool: Jim

01_Duramax_Dually
10-05-2002, 21:51
Denverdale,
I use WIX, No problem, $7.55 each. I originally bought the AC filter as all the concerns about drain back and pressure but I cut open all filters and when I cut an AC and then cut a WIX, the WIX was better made and there was MORE filter paper surface area then the AC.

Save your money and buy WIX.

Best Regards

Toddster
10-06-2002, 05:16
While amount of filter element is a factor much more important is the QUALITY of the element ! Bummer is the only way to find out is a micron test. Unfortunately finding the best filter is not a "seat of the pants" type of test ! I'm NOT bashing anyones opinion on filters out there. Just saying that unlike all the "black box", PCM, and exhaust mods out there there IS A BEST filter for our Duramax's. We just have to find it, scientificly !

REC06
10-06-2002, 10:55
I paid only $3.50 or so for the ac. I think maybe I got a really good deal by mistake. I bought the 3 they had on the shelf. This a car parts store called "murrays" http://www.murraysdiscount.com/internet/prog/privacy***p
I changed the oil till 10,000 with rotella and ac filter. I am now amsoil with bypass.

didn't have time to see if they would ship..good luck

sw11497
10-06-2002, 15:53
Check out gmpartsdirect.com
I got filters there (original) for $8.XX. Don't remember the exact amount but, they have the cheapest price by far!

01_Duramax_Dually
10-06-2002, 22:42
Toddster,
Oh I agree with you 100%. Aalthough it is very difficult to actually test and measure particulate accumulation in the filter media you are best saved by more surface area of the filter. WIX claims that they meet all specs but who knows. I am waiting for K&N gold filter. I use those in my race car and have for years. Very nice filter plus it has a 1" nut welded into the top for easy removal, no more strap filter wrenches. For us daily drivers these filters are suitable and will do the job just fine.

As for GMPARTSDIRECT.com, to get that price you have to order 6 or more. The S&H is outrageous....

Keep it simple folks, not rocket science here....Stay away from Fram and you are good to go....