PDA

View Full Version : 3 Engines in a year!

N.E. TMRPR
10-07-2002, 05:45
I was at a team roping the other night and a roper asked me how I liked my truck. When I told him that my truck was the best one I've ever owned he told me he had heard of some problems. When I asked him what,. he said he had been told of Fred Whitfield, a PRCA champion calf roper who had gone through 3 engines in a year. Rodeo cowboys do travel alot of miles and drive hard but I find this hard to believe. I was hoping someone from out west might have heard the skinny on this. Of course when I asked him if this info came from a Ford owner he said yes. I think people are starting to throw around celebrity names to add credit to their stories

Paintdude
10-07-2002, 06:54
Sheet,I can`t even get a steering rattle fixed, let alone someone getting 3 engines in one year..No way would anyone put up with that kind of problems..truck out of service for 3 engines=trade it off..

They spread rumors IMO because it has a Isuzu (*** )engine..

hoot
10-07-2002, 06:58
Hey, nothing is impossible given the history of dealer service in the past with regards to 6.5L injection pumps. Some dealers were changing parts with just assumptions.

I wouldn't even ask follow up questions on that one just based on what we already know about the D/A history/durability. It has no relevance to the rest of us unless we use his dealer service.

Now if something happened to my truck at 99,999 miles, I don't think I would be upset if they put a new engine in it. :D

carnutsx2
10-07-2002, 08:35
Everytime I've seen him on the road he was in a Dodge. The winner at the finals get a Dodge for a year. Almost everyone drives either a Dodge or a Ford.

SoCalDMAX
10-07-2002, 09:38
So that explains it. He did get 3 engines. Cummins engines. Must be true. I heard it here. ;)

LOL, Steve

[ 10-07-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDMAX ]</p>

Heavy Duty Neil
10-07-2002, 13:37
Email him & ask.

fw@fredwhitfield.com

I thought he had a Dodge too. :confused:

Vaughn MacKenzie
10-07-2002, 13:44
I know what the skinny is. . .

The 3 engines Fred Whitfield is taking about are the Duramax engines that blew up trying to outrun his Dodge on a grade tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

LOL

Sorry. . . couldn't resist ;)

Vaughn

ChevysRus
10-07-2002, 16:57
Speaking of Dodges, my son has a 2001 and he just test drove the 2003 and boy is it quiet! Another copycat innovation taken from the DMAX engineering handbook. My son says it is quieter than my DMAX! I told him 'tell me it isn't so!!!! LOL

Anyway, seems everyone is gonna benefit from the DMAX inovations as they move over to other brands.

So how about them apples, got the DMAX, Dodge and even mentioned "brands" on this cowboy/rodeo string. My son also works as a clown at some of the local rodeos in Western Washington, but you might not hear him coming now if he gets that new 2003 Dodge with the silent running Cummins! ha ha ha

oneton
10-07-2002, 17:43
Have you seen Dodge's new commercial TV ad? The one with the truck trailering the car and the hot rod that pulls up at a light? The truck then blows the doors off the car. They're living in a fantacy world just as Ford is with pulling the ship thru the ice fields. You got to give it to them for imagination though!!!

&lt;on edit&gt;

BTW, I was told today that a local business that hauls architectual stone just traded all three of his PSD in for Dmax's. You gotta love it.

[ 10-07-2002: Message edited by: oneton ]</p>

conradv
10-07-2002, 18:01
I think that Chevrolet was first on the fantasy thing with their goofy giant trucks in the oilfields though.... ;)

esmo77
10-07-2002, 18:23
THINGS ART STARTING TO SOUND LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER SITES,NOT TO MENTION ANY BRANDS.