PDA

View Full Version : retail outlet for Mobil Delvac 1 oil?

biker Wayne
10-07-2002, 09:11
I see a lot of guys use Mobil Delvac 1 oil in the Duramax, but I've looked in several stores and no one stocks or can get it. I looked at Wally world, KMart, Target, Lee Auto, Trak Auto, Pep Boys, Mobil gas stations, Murphy Auto and Murrays. Where can I buy Delvac 1 other than over the internet?
Thanks in advance.

Ranger354
10-07-2002, 09:23
Biker,

Look in your local yellow pages for an oil / petroleum dealership. Or check with a Exxon/Mobil "full service" gas station. They should have it or be able to tell you where you can get it.

I am using the Delvac 1300 (15w-40)and have no complaints. And it is much less in price.

Ranger354
10-07-2002, 09:27
Mobil Oil Corp
650 S Rand Rd, Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Phone: (847) 438-4999

These guys might be able to help. Then again maybe not.

Professor
10-07-2002, 09:32
www.avlube.com can fix you up. Or as Ranger suggested, look of the distributors in you area. If you are worried about finding it away from home, larger truck stops that do oil changes have it. It may not be on the floor but they will have it in the service bay areas. You'll pay a bit more but it is a sorce.

Be prepared to buy a full case from a local distributor. I feel the effort to get the Delvac 1 is worth it.

SoMnDMAX
10-07-2002, 10:49
Another place to look is local big truck dealerships. The local International, Freightliner, and Mack dealerships stock Delvac 1 in gallon jugs. I'd assume Peterbilt and Kenworth dealers would stock it as well.

ChopperBill
10-07-2002, 12:28
Our GMC dealer installs Delvac 1300 when you do a service there. They only stock it in bulk no quarts. I thought that kind of sucked. In a searh all over town the only place I could buy it from was the distributor by the case. Only came to about $1.50 a quart so that was good news. Just wanted a quart or two for the road. Had to by the whole case so the GMC dealer screwed themselves out of the next service by not selling it by the quart, going to do it myself now. I did have them put in the Fumoto valve when it was there so it should be simple from here on out.

[ 10-07-2002: Message edited by: ChopperBill ]</p>

ih1466
10-07-2002, 15:43
I live in Wisconsin and just looked in the phone book for Mobile oil distributor. I did a google search on them found a web site sent them an e-mail. They sold to the public and did not care if I wanted a gallon or 100. I pay $60 with tax for 3 gallons. I would think in IL you would have no trouble finding a distributor that would sell to the public. Now I have been buying all my oil, grease, and metalworking fluid from this distributor after seeing thier prices.

ChevysRus
10-07-2002, 16:49
It seems to be in different places. I usually see the Delvac 1300 dino at Wal-Marts, but 2 weeks ago when I was in New Jersey I saw the Delvac 1 synthetic at Costco! That was a first and hope it spreads as Costco always has the best prices by the case.

www.mobil.com will lead you to a list of distributors. Just enter your zip code and they will come back with several nearby that you can choose from. Call them all as prices vary

Good luck

IndigoDually
10-07-2002, 17:21
Which Costco? I have only seen 1300 there not the synthetic.

John

MEP
10-07-2002, 18:04
Biker,
http://www.avlube.com
No need to look any further.

fred
10-07-2002, 19:51
go right around the corner to walmart on rand road,that were i buy my oil