PDA

View Full Version : Help Loosing Prime !!!

mps007
11-07-2003, 15:56
I am at my wits end... Every dew weeks I start my engine and it stalls within 5-10 seconds, I than must pump the primer to restart & it will run fine for a few weeks or days, Mostly during temperature changes over night....
I have complained about this for 2.5 years... Now that I am over my 36k warranty I have really pressed the issue.
Get this diagnosis :
I complain - Loss of Prime -
Heres the dealers fix ..
"found code for Faulty Glow plug relay - Part ordered - no stock"
"found internal ECM malfunction - replaced ECM assembly"

AM I stupid or something? What does the ECM & the Glow plug relay have to do with air in My Fuel line ?

Anyone ?

dieselburb
11-07-2003, 21:33
quick disconnects on the fuel lines or any one of the hose to tubing connections. A customer of mine ran into the same problem after running out of fuel. check those fittings and connections, that was his problem. good luck

earniem
11-08-2003, 16:56
I read you post and know what your going through. If you can prime the pump in less than 10 pumps, Yuo have a small vacum leak in the pump ass. On the (fuel managment system)or as you and I would refer the fual filter ass. I fought that for about 9000 miles. I finally got the dealer to replace everything from and including the filter ass. to the injector pump. That was 11000 miles ago. For some reason with the fual in yhat line hot and a cool off period. it will loose the prime if the check valves in the pump are not perfect. If you would like to call my Dealer I will give the mans Name and Phone # Chad Sangster at 1800 450 3600. Have your dealer call or you call They are great people.

Kennedy
11-09-2003, 07:33
Not quite the answer, but a lift pump will take care of any prime issues, and IMHO is a positive addition. I'd say that you have a leak somewhere though, and the dealer should be testing...

SF Jakey
11-11-2003, 07:26
I had this same problem when my truck hit about 10k. Replace the filter housing assembly. If your dealer runs a pressure test on the system he should be able to find this immediately. I'll look for the paperwork to find out more details.