PDA

View Full Version : No 'Truck

Tsckey
03-30-2002, 16:20
I don't post very often because, well, because I don't have too much to offer, being truckless and all. Now it looks like I won't have much to offer for quite a bit longer. My dealer called to ask if I wanted to switch my order from a Chevy to a GMC and from an Ex cab to a Crew. If so, he said things looked good for delivery in about 60 days. I had no problem with the former, but the Ex cab is a requirement imposed by a higher authority. The result is that my order will be filled from '03 production, which feels like about 14 years from now.

I went ahead and switched to the GMC. I'm just not that jazzed about the reptilian look of the '03 Chevy's, and I guess I don't mind the interior upgrades that are coming with the new year, but geez, at this rate my sixth graders will be in college before I ever see it. My wife responds to my complaints as if I were expressing them in Martian. But I figure you guys would understand.

TC

MNBowTie
03-30-2002, 16:46
TSCKEY,

Wow! I really feel for you people that want and are ready to plunk down the money for a truck and it can't be delivered. I would most definitely find a different dealer. You need a higher volume dealer. If the dealer can get the allocation, then you should be able to have your truck in about 6-8 weeks. My dealer said they are coming in much faster since the first of the year. Check out my signature on how my order went.

Tsckey
03-30-2002, 17:16
Mnbowtie,

That is a beautiful truck!

I've not been able to find a dealer in my area willing to discuss anything less than $1,500 above invoice, so I called Dave Smith Motors in Idaho, which is a high volume dealer and selling at $218 above. I don't mind waiting awhile for that kind of savings and I have friends in Idaho to visit anyway, though I must say, the definition of "awhile" is beginning to worry me. I'm hoping to hear something next week that will give me a better idea. In the mean time, my envy quotient is getting really large.

TC

odoh
03-30-2002, 19:11
Tsckey ~ Good to have a local person to compare notes with ~ I'm a lil up the hill from you in Newcastle and understand the pricing policy of the local dealers. I too require an ExtCab. Been on order w/the same folks since 15Nov. Still no news for me. No one has offered to change my order. I wonder if you could email me at odoh1@hotmail.com as I would like to compare notes. ~ odoh

[ 03-30-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

Derek M
03-30-2002, 20:11
November 15th!!! good lord that's nutz. Find another dealer guys, it's pretty obvious the dealer didn't have an allocation for your truck when they took your order. If the dealer doesn't have an allocation it's the same as not placing the order at all cause GM knows nothing about the order.

Ironhead
03-30-2002, 21:24
Hey, Merced is not that far from Sac. Come down here to this little po dunk town and I bet my dealer (Courtesy Chevrolet) can get you one. Ask for Bob Acheson, comercial sales director. He dont care if your not comercial, might even have what you want on the lot. But dont deal with the regular sales people. They are not into good deals.
Placed order 8/11/01, driving truck 10/18/01. I understand they are quicker now.

02 3500 D/A ext cab 4x4

rustypig
03-30-2002, 22:57
TSCKEY: Hey I'm in Suisun less about 45 minutes south of you. I was at one of the dealers picking up a part two days ago and they have SEVERAL DMAX's on the lot. I saw crew cabs, dually's etc. The one CC I looked at had a sticker of 43.5K loaded. Too much for my wallet right now though. This was Woodard Chevrolet. If your interested you'll see and pass it on the right side of I-80, take the Airbase parkway exit, then two right turns and your there.

Also...I'm glad to hear you know of Dave Smith Motors. I flew up there and picked up my 94 Suburban 6.5 TD last year and saved about 5K from the same thing in this area. They are great to deal with, and it was well worth taking a 150.00 flight. I'm biased though...I grew up in a town next door to them in N. Idaho.

odoh
03-31-2002, 00:26
RustyPig ~ Wallace? or Coeur d'Alene? Used to live in Coeur d'Alene in the 60's. Don't know about now but it was a great place then. The locals were great folks. ~ odoh

[ 03-30-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

BobW
03-31-2002, 00:58
Use the Chevy Dealer Locator at
http://chevrolet.com/gmnav/dealers/index.htm
Use your zip code and those as far as you are willing to drive. You can search on basic truck, cab,extended, cc, long/short bed, LS/LT (though not specifying engine/trans). Then check dealers, most have their inventory on line. When I bought my truck (Dec. 31, 2001 - hows that for cutting it close on the 0% and rebate) I had located over 22 trucks meeting my basic specs within about 75 miles. Good Luck!

Tsckey
04-01-2002, 11:51
Thanks for the responses. I'll do some more checking, although last time I checked Woodard was selling at about $2k over invoice. That may have changed. Odoh. I sent you an email last night. Let me know if you didn't get it. I was up in Newcastle a couple of week ends ago. Beautiful country. I love the foothills.

TC

DURAMAN
04-01-2002, 12:16
I think you all need to move to Wisconsin. Yes, the cold really stinks, BUT almost all the dealerships around here have several DMAXs in stock. Sticker price on my 02 was about 39,700 and the dealer had it reduced to 33,700 even before I started dealing with him. Not sure how this relates to dealer invoice. smile.gif

DURAMAN
04-01-2002, 12:20
Better yet, if you'd like, tell me what you're looking for and I'd be surprised if I couildn't find the exact truck right down to the color and rims.

odoh
04-01-2002, 12:28
DURAMAN ~ While thats considerate, its hardly likely your local dealer will have a CA Emission D/A on his lot. And you surely don't want a hoard of Californians moving into your state :D :rolleyes: :D ~ odoh

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

DURAMAN
04-01-2002, 15:56
Ahhh, good point. On the emissions I mean.

rustypig
04-01-2002, 21:54
odoh: Sorry took so long to get back to ya. Folks just moved from Pinehurst a few years back. I lived in St Maries and Bonners Ferry for a long time as a kid. I worked for Potlatch back then and "tore-up" Coeur d'Alene on the weekends. It's grown up A-LOT since then....too many Californian's now. Then again...I'm kind of one of them now..DOAH! It's against my will at Uncle Sams desire though, if that counts.

odoh
04-02-2002, 00:21
It took the draft to tear me away from there. Haven't been able to make it back since. As I recall the St Joe would flood St Maries (marys) seemingly on an annual basis. I worked for WestCoast Airlines at the Coeur d'Alene airport (hayden village) near Athol (watch my mouth) just a tad down from Good Grief (then population 4)! Ah yes, there was the phobia of us californians then. I noticed after a bit many of my co workers at McClellan were retiring up there and I quit trying ~ knowing its not the same anymore. ~ odoh

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: odoh ]</p>

pontiac_m18
04-02-2002, 07:23
TSCKEY, I would have e-mail you the question but we STILL can't get an address off of this site, so here goes!! I realize you want one of our trucks - ext. cab - but I see that some dealer in Ca. has listed 2 crew cabs under the 25-3500 allociations section. I was curious what kind of money are they talking to get one of them??? Just curious. We leased a ext. cab & my higher power said the next one had to be a crew cab, it is only 10" longer. You can e-mail me at = howard_m18@yahoo.com

gg49
04-02-2002, 15:59
For those that may be interested Mann Chevrolet of Flora IN. has a Crew Cab LT 4x4 in Mellow Yellow. The only one in the U.S.
Also Ext Cab LT 4x4 Dark Green
Both Duramax with Allison automatics.
Also a Reg. Cab Dmax with stick 4x4 Dark Grey LS
Hope this is of some help.
800-379-6266

mattb5150
04-02-2002, 21:32
Tsckey,

Try Davis GMC in Davis they gave me $2500 off of sticker and they were the only dealer around in December that would deal that low to me, they had two crew cabs on the lot when I pulled out with mine. Use the gmbuypower like someone else suggested then call the dealer and ask their best price.

Matt B.

DieselsRule
04-03-2002, 14:22
Go for the Crew Cab the 10 extra inches is worth every penny you pay for it. Unless it won't fit in the garage. Then do what I did deal with it.

INDI-GO
04-04-2002, 22:33
I vote for the Crew Cab also. The extra room is awesome and the pull down that separates the back seat is wonderful for the Granddaughters to "stay in their own space" :D You get use to the extra 10 inches pretty quick.