PDA

View Full Version : The Banks is on!!!

tmg115
07-05-2002, 16:58
well i got it today and i put it on. all i can say is Oh my GOD!!! this exhaust is great. the turbo spools up very fast. i drove it without the juice and it almost ran like it had the juice on. then i put the juice on and it just ran great.

the sound is great. it sounds realy tough when you are on the gas and when you let off it sounds quiet.

i can tell the quality is there. Banks did a really nice job doing this.

the instalation was a snap. it took 5 min to get the old exhaust of WITHOUT any cutting. i just unbolted the 2 pieces and lowered them down. then it took about 20 min to hook up the Banks.

i really LOVE this exaust. i highly recamend it to everyone. if you are looking for a exhaust system and don't know which one to get. GET THE BANKS!!!

tmg115
07-05-2002, 21:03
i drove it somemore and boy does it sound good.

i also love the banks power stickers that came with it. it realy matches nicly with my paint.

Chris N5CWM
07-05-2002, 22:00
Take some pictures and post em! Only 5 minutes or so
to take off the stock system? Where does it start,
from the exhaust manifolds or further back? What I
mean is how much of the stock system is left?
And what does the outlet look like, is it a big
chrome or polished tip? I wouldn't want that if it
is, too much like a Ricer Wannabe.

LarryM
07-06-2002, 08:03
tmg115:

Thanks for the info on the Banks. Got some questions for you.

Did you do the install on a lift or just on jack stands? I'm concerned that I won't be able to drop the OEM system on my regualr cab without cutting it. I would prefer to keep it intact.

Sound is subjective. To me an exhaust that sounds good is one that you cannot ever hear in the cab with the windows rolled up. How loud is the thing in the cab at highway sppeds? Any resonances?

Do you have gauges? If so, did you see any cahnge in boost or EGT?

There have been a lot of posts reporting on exhaust mods and they range from no power improvement to "almost juice". I gotta ask: are you sure there is a substantial improvement in response or does it just seem that way because of the noise increase?

I'm leaning toward doing something with the exhaust because that the least expensive mod and benign. I have a quote from a local guy to put on a free flow muffler for 100 bux, 125 if it's a 4 inch. I really am penny pinching here and need to know if there is enough difference in performance to justify 4x cost for the full system.

Thanks.

tmg115
07-06-2002, 13:30
for the stock system i just loosened up the clamp, took out 4 bolts, and popped it out of the rubber. the reason why it took me 5 min was because the piece from the down pipe back is a tight fit.

i did this on a lift.

you can hear it in the cab. it is very good sounding. i realy like it. but you might not like it if you don't want to hear it.

i don't have gauges yet but i am getting them soon.

the stock power with just the Banks was very close to the juice. it was very fast and the turbo spooled up very fast.

with the juice on it it is even faster.

i would sagest this exhaust to anyone. it really is great.

i am going to the race track july 12 and i will see how it runs.'

i also put a K&N high flow air filter on and i really like it.

tmg115
07-06-2002, 13:45
i will take pics soon but i don't have a digital camera so i have to find one some where.

BradL
07-08-2002, 06:16
tmg115,

How much clearance did you have bewteen the down pipe and the transmission cooler lines?

I had 1/2" clearance when I put the Banks 4" exhaust on, which I thought was a little bit close. I adjusted the fit of the down pipe and now have about 5/8" of clearance between the down pipe and the transmission cooler lines.

I too like the sound, and the truck just overall performs a whole lot better.

deadlyman
07-08-2002, 16:29
How much and where?

tmg115
07-08-2002, 17:01
out the door shiped was $725 (worth every penny)

i ordered it straight from banks.