PDA

View Full Version : Third time a charm?

WhiteDiesel
11-11-2003, 20:06
Picked my truck up this morning after having the left bank injectors replaced. This, by the way, is after having the right bank replaced 8k miles ago. Got 42 miles from the dealer and limp mode. Had it towed back and had the codes pulled. Two of the new injectors were bad again. Spoke to the Servive GM and he told me that sometimes you never know about re-man parts. RE-MANUFACTURED injectors, replacing bad injectors. He also told me that every diesel they have sold had been in for this injector problem. All subsequent replacement injectors will be the same. They will keep replacing them until my 100k warranty expires.

So now they are gonna do it AGAIN, and I have to keep my AAA card handy for the next time. Like a ROCK? This is becoming alot of fun.

20050824|7|006327|000000|216.230.93.198
11-11-2003, 20:47
WhiteDiesel-

Check out the lemon law...I wonder if this doesnt apply. Chevy just cant seem to pull there head out of there A@#$#@. I CAN'T believe they are unable to fix this. It's not that hard which is what blows me away....course im not a mechanic but jesus...Ford, and Dogdge dont seem to have injector problems....so what up I say!

Viking
11-12-2003, 04:11
HiGhToNe, Check out "the dieselstop.com" site then decide if the other companies do not have injector problems.

jesshd
11-12-2003, 05:56
Originally posted by WhiteDiesel:
Picked my truck up this morning after having the left bank injectors replaced. This, by the way, is after having the right bank replaced 8k miles ago. Got 42 miles from the dealer and limp mode. Had it towed back and had the codes pulled. Two of the new injectors were bad again. Spoke to the Servive GM and he told me that sometimes you never know about re-man parts. RE-MANUFACTURED injectors, replacing bad injectors. He also told me that every diesel they have sold had been in for this injector problem. All subsequent replacement injectors will be the same. They will keep replacing them until my 100k warranty expires.

So now they are gonna do it AGAIN, and I have to keep my AAA card handy for the next time. Like a ROCK? This is becoming alot of fun. This is pure bull****. Find another dealer. He is just trying to make you think that it is a problem with the truck when it is really a problem with his crap service and lack of ability to fix the truck right.

Jess

midwest
11-12-2003, 18:24
This sound like a dealer issue. They probablly did not retest after installing injectors. It is not very common to see several rebuilt injectors fail.What is the failure-(knock,rough running,hard start)? If there continues to be failures on the replacement injectors and the originals you may have a fuel issue.What is the service interval on you fuel filter, Not just last time but your total service intervals from day one.I bet not every 15k miles.

The reason you have not seen the injector issues with ford and cummins is because of fuel pressure. All previuos systems didn't opperate at these pressures and use common rail/pilot injection. Give them time,they only have a year on them.Ford has allredy had more injector problems than the duramax had and it's borrowed technology from the duramax. Most injector issues are a dirrect link to fuel Quality.

Kennedy
11-13-2003, 06:02
FWIW, while I cannot say with ABSOLUTE certainty, I believe the Reman injectors that they are using are actually new units as Bosch is looking to build a "core base" to start a reman program, OR keep the injectors out of circulation...

More Power
11-13-2003, 13:15
I spoke to an Isuzu source about 2 months ago who told me that there is no reman facility currently in operation for Duramax injectors. He further said that Bosch has been accumulating warranty returned injectors, but had no immediate plans to begin a reman operation.

I expect it'll happen someday, but not yet.

MP

zip
11-13-2003, 17:34
Geez White Diesel- I hope you don't start running into the "Captain Mal" symptoms. That poor guy has been buying GM for 40 yrs and his problems with GM service and sales ran him off to Dodge for a new truck. this service "manager" of yours needs an attitude adjustment for his BS he's feeding you. Sure hope it works out ok .
zip

WhiteDiesel
11-13-2003, 18:38
Originally posted by midwest:
This sound like a dealer issue. They probablly did not retest after installing injectors. It is not very common to see several rebuilt injectors fail.What is the failure-(knock,rough running,hard start)? If there continues to be failures on the replacement injectors and the originals you may have a fuel issue.What is the service interval on you fuel filter, Not just last time but your total service intervals from day one.I bet not every 15k miles.49k miles, fuel filter replaced three times: 10k, 25k, 40k. Brought it in 3 times: 1st-black smoke, hard start (left bank) 2nd-white smoke foul smell (right bank) 3rd-SES light, limp mode (2 injectors on right bank).

So, I talked to GM customer service today. Lady told me they are going above and beyond because they replaced a burnt-out headlight out of warr. for free :rolleyes: . Then she flat out lied and said this hasn't ever been a problem with the dmax, and this is an isolated case, and the dealer says these will never fail again :mad: .

Oh, the best part. IF this does happen again (injector failure), GM MAY give me a "Loyal Customer Certificate". I asked what will that do, and she said "it is a cash value certificate for another purchase of a GM product". Naturally: HOW MUCH? :eek: $100 to $1000 :eek: . What a joke.

I told her I'll take that cert. if this happens again, and add it to the refund my lawyer will get for me.

WhiteDiesel
11-13-2003, 18:41
Originally posted by zip:
Geez White Diesel- I hope you don't start running into the "Captain Mal" symptoms. That poor guy has been buying GM for 40 yrs and his problems with GM service and sales ran him off to Dodge for a new truck. this service "manager" of yours needs an attitude adjustment for his BS he's feeding you. Sure hope it works out ok .
zip If I can get my money back, I will never buy a F**d, but I will buy a Cummins. Hell, they invented the American diesel.

hd90rider
11-16-2003, 10:59
Hey Guys, Read my post in "injectors over 100,000 miles". I personally know of one of our Dudge drivers replacing all injectors & pump THREE TIMES in 6 months. :eek:

turbovair
11-18-2003, 11:48
Sorry to butt in here, but last time I checked the F..d sites, they are still having HUGE problems with the 6.0 fuel injectors.Cummins doesnt seem to have much problem with theirs by comparison. Even my Super Duty driving co-worker admits that the new 6.0 is full of problems(he watches the F..d sites very closely)They must get their injectors from the same place. smile.gif