PDA

View Full Version : Lifted Duramax

gregmican
07-06-2002, 19:53
There is a Duramax pickup in my town that looks awesome. I'm not sure if he has a suspension lift, a body lift, or just some really cranked torsion bars. It looks like he has BF 33's on some 16.5 x 10 Centerline Hellcats. I, am still stuck with the factory rims and tires. Man, I just got to get that look on mine. It sits up like a 3/4 ton 4x4 Dodge does. Does anyone who reads these forums have their truck done similar to this? I would like to see some pics and some info on the products used.
Thanks. ;)

1BADDMAX
07-07-2002, 10:36
There is a black extended cab Duramax running around in Western North Carolina (Sylva area). I talked to the woman driving it and asked about the lift on the truck. She didn't know too much, but said her husband bought the truck that way. It had 35's on some cheap 16X8 bullet hole wheels. It had some blocks in the rear, but get this.. NO SUSPENSION lift that I could tell (not that I had time to crawl under the truck anyways). They must have cranked the crap out of the torsion bars. But you can tell they cut a generous portion of the wheel well liners out.

dmatt
07-07-2002, 17:50
Gregmican:

Please take a look at my lifted DMAX. I have all the particulars if you want. I've got 15K miles on her and with plenty of off-road driving. Everything is working perfect so far.

www.picturetrail.com/dmatt

Regards,

DMATT

DarylB
07-07-2002, 21:49
Dmatt, did you have to make any front or rear driveshaft mods to accomodate the lift?

dmatt
07-08-2002, 09:01
Darylb: No front or rear drive shaft changes were necessary on this truck with the CST lift.
DMATT

hdmax(mike)
07-08-2002, 09:21
dmatt;

Would you please measure the height of your receiver hitch? (that is if you have one) When I buy a new duramax/allison HD I will be lifting it about 6" and running 35`s. But I need to know what the height of the hitch is, Because it has to stay at or below about 26" to the top of the opening on the receiver.

On my truck it was 30" and I had to lower the truck 2" and replace the 37" tires with 35" ones. now at 27" it is still a little high. I had between 8" and 9" on the rear before lowering it ( not including the body lift). (older style Z71)

dmatt
07-08-2002, 10:03
hdmax(mike): I measured the height to the top of the opening and it is 26"
Hope that helps.

DMATT

Bill McGouirk
07-08-2002, 23:06
Dmat,

Your truck looks great I have a 2001 Dmax 4x4 with 285 BFG on it no lift had to crank the T-Bars up 4 turns. However I am still not happy with it I want to lift it 6" and put 35" on it. I would love to see your truck sometime I live in Redwood City. I come down to your neck of the woods all the time, Maybe I could get togather sometime and I could see your truck, I would love to see one before doing the work. Call Me 650-743-3060

Thanks Bill