PDA

View Full Version : the first road trip is over ---update on mileage etc.

MudNurI
03-31-2002, 20:41
well, lets see--- we made it home. 2,784 miles from start to finish- (2,780 of those I DROVE)...I LOVE THIS TRUCK!.... anyway-

1st the problems I had..

drivers side headlight- goes out randomly...you stop the truck- get out and smack it- and back on it comes. not that big of a deal until, your doing 80 mph in a 65 and don't want to give them any extra reason to pull you over. its going to the dealer tomorrow...to figure out what the heck is up with the light.

the truck just did not want to go any slower than 70...this isnt normally a problem here in VT, but when you get in a state like - SC,,,they are pretty tough on the speeding. I ended up having to use the cruise more than I like to...just to keep from passing everyone.

thats it for "problems" even though 1 may have more to do with my heavy foot.

now for the good stuff. No problems to report from any of the diesel we ran- though I stayed with the "Flying J" truck stops as much as possible. I think all but 1 fill up was with the "big boys"... the extra filters we brought have now gained a spot in the garage... truck purred like a kitten the entire trip...tick here and a tick there, but hey- it's still not half as loud as a Powerstroke or cummings...even when its tickin...
gas mileage worked out to 21.7 MPG...cruise was used probably 60% of the miles, set at 74 mph..if I had done the speed limit- 65-70, I don't think it would have made that much of a difference, it ran at 2100 RPM's, and hummed nicely. every now and then I'd hear the turbo begin to work, though not too often.
The last time we did this same trip, we drove the suburban, and the kids had tons of room- to say the least, so with this one we were a little "worried" we'd have some serious fighting going on...not so- they had plenty of room, and John had his seat all the way back- 6 foot 2- plenty of room... the TV/VCR combo fit on the console, and they were far enough back to be able to see the TV without any creeking of the necks, etc.. they are still in Car Seats, so they were sitting "correctly" and could still see the movie...

we saw TONS of 2500HD's lifted up in Florida- probably close to 2 out of 5 of them- close to half.... that 6" lift is looking better and better. We got to talking to one guy with a D/A 2500HD Crew,just like ours- same color was pretty cool to see what our truck would look like if we lifted her... soon,,,soon! He was just as happy as we were with the truck, no complaints, well, same ones we have- the damn steering shaft rattle. and every now and then a tick...over all, I am very happy with the truck- and even more so after this road trip...

John's happy the trip is over- he goes back to work tomorrow, which means he can have "his" truck back LOL.... he said tonight- so did you do some serious bonding with it or what? does this mean I drive MudNurI from now on? (its the blazer)... I said, no you can have it back.. I kind of miss mine...of course I don't have all the comfort features he has...but hey, mines lifted LOL... anyway- just wanted to let you all know the truck outpreformed itself..I did not think I would have done all the driving but I just couldnt hand back the keys...

oh you should have seen the guys at the hotel- I pulled her in- picked my parking spot- backed her in one try,,,, the guys were STUNNED to see a chick driving it, then see me BACK it in-- then see John get out the passenger side LOL!!! it was a site!

sorry this is sooo long, but I just cant stop when I'm talking /typing about it!

Brandy :D

tmg115
03-31-2002, 20:51
well congradulations on your safe trip and great millage.

NutNbutGMC
04-01-2002, 11:33
^.........No pictures of the trip and the family?

sonofagun
04-01-2002, 15:22
Nice report Brandy. Sounds like a good trip too. Let it not be said that the mighty DMAX isn't an equal 0pportunity truck (as it should be).

Bob

MudNurI
04-01-2002, 16:05
No pics yet- they are getting developed today, I can pick them up tomorrow...I'll get some up later on this week, as long as everything else gets done. Having MudNurI is like a full time job, its just never done...I'll be spending most of my time this week getting the interior put back together.....

the truck is definetly a "equal opportunity truck"...if not for chicks that want a ride, those of us that want to drive LOL!

John should be home in awhile to fill me in on WHY the darn headlight keeps going out...I'll post the outcome later on

Brandy