PDA

View Full Version : MORE POWER

BowTieDmax
07-07-2002, 07:40
O.K. I went and got used to the power with the Juice. So the the debabate is between another chip or propane. So what the survey say? I would rather stack another chip due to removal for warranty. But I'm confident enough that I won't need my warranty for engine problems so I'm not going to rule propane out completly. I guess I'm just looking for the best combo pack that works well together. Oh how I love this truck !!!!!!

mackin
07-07-2002, 07:53
BowTieDmax,

Best mod from here???????????? Jump ship and get a VETTE !!!!!!

Just kidding ... I think the real issue at hand is what do you (we) do about the tranny? I would think that propane, which with the juice, will develop the most power to date..... But 5Th gear not retainable...... I've been setting back and waiting myself to see what will come about ...... Pationately :rolleyes: as my wallet has been SCREAMING quit it all ready..........

So IMHO, "JUICE" and "TRANNY UPGRADE"+ "PROPANE" would be the ticket........Time will tell....... This is what I am in search for down the road.......

MAC :D

[ 07-07-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

BowTieDmax
07-07-2002, 08:38
Hi Mackin, I knew I'd get a reply from you. Instead of the vette I do have a 70 nova that is going to be fitted with GM's ram jet 502. Well that would of been done last month if this truck didn't run so good.
But I am aware of the 5th gear issues. Even though I haven't seen any issues yet with my truck. But I usally don't hold it to top speed. I just like the holeshots and breaking the tires loose when it shifts to secound gear. Just the show off stuff !! It just amazes me daily how something so big can move so quik. Oh yeah I still have had NO updates. I'm scared to ruin a good thing.

mackin
07-07-2002, 08:50
BowTieDmax'

I know what your saying about upgrades "SCARED" too.... Lov'in the power ....... Yesterday showed a Chevy half ton'er 4x4 6.0 With a Cowl injection hood :rolleyes: what it was like to accelerate ,right to the speed limit DAM'IT ......... Any hoot he was a distant image in the rear view as usual ...... Never had a chance ....... No (false) SES either ........ Clean, and movin like greazed lightning.......

MAC :D

[ 07-07-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

SoCalDMAX
07-07-2002, 11:16
BowTieDmax,

Let's discuss this as though the tranny can take all the power, just comparing benefits/costs. I've heard that the Juice and VA box don't work well, and I have no experience with the TTS reflash, so I'll just throw in my .02 about the Maximizer, propane and Juice.

The Juice adds lots of power down low and kind of levels off a little at the upper end. Propane is boost indexed and complements any additional fuel. The Juice gets you into boost earlier and with higher levels, so propane would flow earlier and in slightly larger amounts than on a stock truck.

The Duramaximizer adds extra fuel above 50% throttle and increases pressure to do it. I think you'd definitely see more power than with the Juice alone. If we're at the upper limit of what the turbo can push, you might see increased EGTs over and above what the Juice alone produces, due to increased fuel and lack of air to cool it. Since the Maximizer and the Juice don't share any connectors, (based on the installation instructions) there shouldn't be any conflicts between the 2.

I'm sure the power gains with the Juice + Maximizer will be modest, nowhere near each separately. The Juice + propane will probably give the most power when properly tuned. The only drawback is the cost of the propane tank and propane.

I'd recommend using the Juice for daily rIceb0y calibration, and save the propane shot for those special occasions when the other car has a really bad lope and it's probably not from an intake leak... ;)

Regards, Steve

Maverick
07-07-2002, 12:47
The Juice does make gobs of power. I would go with propane for the next step. As far as the tranny goes, I slipped mine in 5th on Wed. Normal mode is #4 and T/H is #2. I was pulling my GN flatbed and had 2500lbs on. Pulled out to pass and at 75 it shifted to 5th and about 5 seconds later....zinggg. No gear. Could only run at 70 in 4th. Had to pull over and restart everything. All was normal except for the SES light. I was in #4 when I did this. Didn't mean to. #2 has plenty of pep for towing. EGT's run cooler also. We definatly need a mod for 5th gear.

[ 07-07-2002: Message edited by: Maverick ]</p>