PDA

View Full Version : fuel rail junction box

ropadopa2000
10-09-2002, 15:28
My 2001 silverado 4x4 2500hd ext cab lb just hit 25k and yesterday, i stepped out of her and found a large fuel leak all the way to the back bumper got it towed and fixed the next day at local dealer. They replaced the fuel rail junction box. I was surveying the group for who else may have had this problem. I had checked the serch feture with no luck. Mostly curious not really dissapointed i have had the truck since last december and thats was its first hiccup i have had.Not out to bash any dealers but i also told them about the noise that comes from the rear leafspring area when hitting bumps and the blamed it on the trailer hitch reciever and when the took it off they said there was no noise but the first bump i hit with the recievr out along came the noise i gues i will have to ride with them next time.I know this subject has came up a few times but if anyone has the part # recall or whatever info on this it would be greatly apprceated.Thanks ....Robert

Luis
10-09-2002, 17:30
Look at the lowest leaf of the rear leaf springs. There is a round pad that acts as a damper when the lower leaf spring is compressed and hits the others. You will most likley notice one or more of the pads missing. Take it back to the dealer, show them and explain that GM has a service procedure on this issue. They can remove all four pads and replace with a rubber boot that slides over each end of both lower springs. (Four total) Good Luck!!

hoot
10-09-2002, 18:15
That junction block leak was not uncommon. I believe it only occured on the 2001. I think it was an assembly/torque issue. No big deal except for the mess. I haven't heard of one in about a year.

Some guys have had the plastic spacers in the rear springs replaced for that noise.

Keep an eye on the accessory belt tensioner. The bearing seems to go 30-40,000 miles. It was redesigned in 2002.

I also recently had all the computer updates and the one piece driveshaft installed.

ropadopa2000
10-10-2002, 07:38
Thanks for the info. I took a look at the leaf spring and one is missing from each side one back one front.And come to think of it i hear a bad pulley type noise latley at warm up time in the morning.Im glad to here the fuel thing was not a ongoing thing as it did make a big mess and stank.Once again thanks its good to know i have a decent support group at my finger tips.

Robert