PDA

View Full Version : ISSPRO gauge whine/hum

Texasoilman44
04-01-2002, 10:40
Good morning all,

I spoke with a representative of ISSPRO this morning. They say the whine/hum that is noticed after installing their temperature gauge set up, is coming from the signal amplifier box. It seems that a diode, resistor or something or other is the problem. They do have a solution to the problem, only thing is you have to send in the gauge, amplifier and thermocouple. Another possible solution, and this is what I am going to try, is to extend the wiring harness that runs between the gauge and amplifier box, so that you can mount the amplifier inside the engine compartment instead of the cab. I'll post results when I get around to doing this.

Also, the person I spoke with at ISSPRO, Kelly, was very knowledgeable and helpful. She is going to post something on this website about their gauge and how to obtain one that does not make the whine. Thanks for getting back to me so quick Kelly!!

Best Regards,

Kevin

hoot
04-01-2002, 10:45
Oilman,

If you have the Allison, how is she handling all the extra power? Getting any codes?

Thanks

Kennedy
04-01-2002, 12:11
Kevin,

They must have come up with something VERY recently! I just spoke with Don about this a week or so ago. Don is the tech guru there, and Kelly is in sales.