PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Blown?

Burner
07-07-2002, 22:29
Hey fellas,

What happend? I had the Bobcat on my trailer and the wife calls me up to the house. She said that I needed to "drive" up. Well, to get to the house from the lower half you must make a 90.o turn from pavment to gravel. To do this I needed 4x4 mode, with a trailer. I get there and I get a "nevermind" -we got it. Oh well..... I took off down the drive way. I kept hearing a whining noise comming from my truck. The noise persisted on the Innerstate for about 8 miles.....untill my dumb a** took it out of 4x4. When I had gotten to work I noticed that there was oil on the back of my truck. I guess the heat was getting to me because I just could not put it together. I looked under my truck to see if there was something wrong. Yes, I did find something......I had transmission fluid comming out of the "top" of my transmission? I tried to make it come out again but it would not. Well, I had to get the Bobcat to the site about 30 miles away. I checked the trany oil and it was fine, so I left. On the pull down the transmission did not want to stay in top gear, even on flat ground at 65-70, it felt like it was slipping but just barely.-

---- What have I done? Yes, the truck has had "busy" shifting before. The thing has 15k on it and perfect maintinace. -- Oh, The trailer weight is about 3k and the bobcat is 8,700.

What should I do?

Burner...... :confused: :confused: :confused:

thechevyhdman
07-08-2002, 00:11
The one thing you didnt mention was what tranny temps you were running at. On the top of the Ally theres a pressure relief valve but It shouldnt spew out oil unless your tranny was running really hot And driving in 4wd and carrying a bobcat at highway speeds definietly put some strain on the tranny, Id check the fluid and leave it at that, or in case there is something wrong,call up the dealership just in case ya know, at least have them record a problem with it, in case it blows up down the road, after the warranty ends.

Burner
07-08-2002, 08:35
Thanks Chevy, I plan on taking it in this week. I was too afraid to pull it back with my truck. I went back Sunday and got it with the wifes SUV. She has a little O' GMC Yokon with that 8.1 sticker under the hood ;) I'll be danged if that thing didn't pull like heck. I was quite suprized.

Burner :D