PDA

View Full Version : juice question

Brian19692
10-09-2002, 20:00
I have a stock 02 CC 3500 with D/A. I pull a 53' trailer. Last weekend I ran from Des Moines to Topeka. Loaded I got 5.5 mpg(2 72 Suburbans). I want juice for pulling power and alittle milage improvment. Will it help or should I be looking into something else? I plan on running about 26000 GCW. I love the truck, It just needs alittle help when loaded heavy. Thanks.

mackin
10-09-2002, 20:14
Brian

Just passing through.....Welcome .......Great site.......

First up with that kind of weight, gauges would be first before the JUICE......I believe it will help you in both cases....Will hold higher gear stronger and longer .....Which will enhance fuel eco and drivability.....But do gauges first so you can monitor EGT'S as not to get carried away with the NEWLY found umph it will bring on .......

MAC

Kennedy
10-09-2002, 21:30
WOW, someone finally got less MPG than I did towing "pre Juice"!!! I thought upper 6's were about as bad as it gets. I'd guess the wind and such kept you hunting from 4th to 5th???

DEFINITELY gauges first, and exhaust is a big plus. I'd think you should be able to see a definite improvement in MPG by adding more power.

Brian19692
10-09-2002, 21:51
I'm definatly getting gauges. I was wanting to order everyting at once. I guess what I'm wondering is, should I get power adder or exhast first. Juice sounds like the best but this is my first diesel so I'm not sure. From what I've read here, juice will help alot more than an exhast system.
Kennedy, This was my first real pull with the truck. It was 4th on evert grade. I was running about 75 of so. It would go to 5th on the down side of the hills but drop down asoon as I stasrted up the next.

[ 10-09-2002: Message edited by: Brian19692 ]</p>

afp
10-09-2002, 22:54
Brian,

Go to Kennedy's website(http://www.kennedydiesel.com/), then give him a call. You really need gauges, 4" exhaust, a free flowing intake system (I like the K&N Aircharger, JK likes Amzoil and airbox mods) and the juice.

Blaine

Kennedy
10-10-2002, 08:36
I had a 17k stack of open trailers measuring 13'2" behind me on my poor mileage tow. The only box out at the time was the Van Aaken which is what I had (120HP hot program) and it had my Dmax WHIPPED. At speeds above 45 mph, the wind load was just too much. I'm absolutely certain the outcome would have been different had I been Juiced as the low end is WAY lacking on the factory programming which make you go too deep with the pedal to do anything.