PDA

View Full Version : She's on her way!

YZF1R
04-01-2002, 16:11
I just received an e-mail from Pontiac that my truck has been shipped. I knew my TPW was for 3-18 but did not post on spec. With the news from Howard, I now have confirmation! As some of you know, mine has been a longer wait than most. I really have no idea why. I ordered on 7-26-01 and it truly seems like having a baby with a wait of almost nine months. Goodies are already on the way from John Kennedy.
Thanks to all for your patients with some of my posts and soon I will be able to start adding my own experiences.
Steve

MudNurI
04-01-2002, 16:17
let me be the first to say CONGRATS!!!

you will soon be spending A LOT of time in your truck, even if it means sitting infront of your living room window- to watch TV LOL!

Brandy :D

fordpuckettjpuckett@tampa
04-03-2002, 12:18
Congrads on your new Truck. Picking Up My new Baby On Friday April 5th. 2500 DA,4WD,EXT,LB, Summit White,Graphite Leather,Rear Defrosters,Locking Differential,Polished Wheels, HD Trailering Pkg, Camper Wireing, Skid Plate, Onstar,SLT Decor,Fog Lmps,Electric Heated Mirrors,Dual Alternators,

2000 HD Fat BOY
American Eagle Diesel Pusher
Cad. Northstar Eldorado

YZF1R
04-05-2002, 14:00
Drivin it! All I can say is WOW! What a difference from an '87 S10. Thanks to all for the wishes. Thanks again to Pontiac, who was right on with the delivery. Have to go drive it some more. :D

taarciag
04-08-2002, 20:54
YZF1R,
Congrats on the new family addition :D
I use to be greatful for my short commute to work, but after getting my truck, I wish my drive to work was a bit longer ;)
Enjoy!

Ted ӿլ
www.picturetrail.com/twize

sjhRVer
04-09-2002, 16:54
Congratulations. Pontiac's "birth announcements" are wonderful. Are you constantly checking the garage to see that it's really here?

I got my birth announcement Wednesday, and baby is on a rail car not too far away. Dealer still hasn't called or sent e-mail to notify it's even been built. ;)

Did you get a rebate? What I'm finding on GM Supplier.Com site says the 2500HDs are excluded from the rebate and Chevy.Com still hasn't updated their incentive site. :(

YZF1R
04-09-2002, 17:40
The rebate went back up. $2002 or 3.9 for 60 months. I believe it is the same as before for the deals between those two figures. At least that is what I got to choose from. I'm sure he said it's running thru April.

A couple of observations:
1- The steering angle is much sharper than what I expected, 4X4 and all. Still need to remember the wheelbase, but turns very sharp.
2- The Allison is fantastic. This is completely different than the TH350s' and TH400s' I was used to years ago. (And of course the Power Glides')
3- Oil changed at 221 miles with 15/40 RotellaT and filter. Will settle on Amsoil or whatever as soon as the few quick ones are out of the way. No lopey idle or tick before or after.

Thanks and good luck to all with one on the way,
Steve