PDA

View Full Version : ENGINE SURGES THEN DIES

PEANUTGRWR
07-08-2002, 21:20
IT HAPPENED TO ME FOR THE SECOND TIME TODAY. RIGHT WHEN I PUT MY PICKUP IN GEAR TO MOVE AND WHEN I PUT MY FOOT ON THE GO PEDAL THE TRUCK SURGES THEN DIES. THIS IS THE SECOND TIME TODAY THAT IT HAS HAPPENED. ALSO I NOTICED THAT THE TACH WAS ON ABOUT 3500 RPMS AFTER IT DIED I TURNED THE KEY ON AND OF TWICE AND THE TACH WOULD GO RIGHT UP TO 3500 WITH THE MOTOR NOT RUNNING. HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS B4??? :eek:

Joe Pool
07-08-2002, 22:18
PEANUTGRWR,

How long have you had the "Juice" on your truck?
Try disconnecting it and reconnecting the stock connectors to see if the problem goes away. It sounds like the fuel rail dumped all of the pressure and killed the engine. Did you get a SES light on the dash? How did you restart the truck after this happened?

Joe

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: Joe Pool ]</p>

drthv8r
07-09-2002, 06:58
What's up with the Caps?

Big O
07-09-2002, 07:17
What's up with the Caps?

2K2AD
07-09-2002, 16:35
Don't mess with PEANUT'S CAPS! It has been tried before, and it can get ugly - quick. I suspect he types like he talks! :D

Kevin

Joe.G
07-09-2002, 17:32
I ain't seem that, but I ain't put mine thru what you have!

Seriously, is it cold or hot when this happens?

Plasticfantastic
07-09-2002, 17:42
Peanut likes his caps, we're all used to it and don't take it personal.

I bet it's another "anomoly" that doesn't have anything to do with juice. NOT dissin'(disrespecting) our trucks but they do have the occasional quirk. tongue.gif

PEANUTGRWR
07-09-2002, 22:47
DRTHVR OR WHATEVER IT IS -------GET USED TO IT THATS THE WAY ITS GONNA BE smile.gif WHEN THIS HAS HAPPENED MY TRUCK WAS WARM AND HAD BEEN RUNNING FOR A GOOD WHILE. AND, YES I KNEW SOMEONE WAS GOING TO SAY IT WAS BECAUSE OF WHAT MY TRUCK HAS BEEN THROUGH. SO WHAT THE HELL DOES HD STAND FOR ANYWAY :D :D AND NO THE SES LIGHT HAS NEVER CAME ON WHEN THIS HAPPENED. IM WONDERING IF THE JUICE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT OR NOT. IVE HAD IT ON FOR ABOUT 7 WEEKS NOW AND THIS HAS HAPPENED 3 TIMES.

7mmSTW
07-09-2002, 22:56
BIG LETTERS FOR A BIG MAN. If you ever meet him you will understand. :eek: :D

Later,

Seven

P.S. Hey Peanut, when ya goin back to the track?

motovet
07-10-2002, 00:17
Same happened to me over the weekend. I had been hauling the trailer and was backing it to park. I had just stopped to scope out the area and jumped in to back it a bit more. I put it in reverse, went for the throttle, and the truck died. When I went to crank it over the tack jumped up to almost 4K and then the truck started. This is the only time it has happened.

drthv8r
07-10-2002, 00:40
Dayum, easy now guys I just asked a simple question. If being rude by using bad chat etiquette from this guy is acceptable on this forum then so be it. You can be a follower and read his inconsiderate typing, I don't have to. It's easy enough to skip on to the next line.

But if ya gonna run with the big dogs for God's sake spend $6.00 and purchase a keyboard that has a working Caps Lock key... ;) .

PEANUTGRWR
07-10-2002, 11:44
SEVEN IM GOING TO THE NEW TRACK NEAR BROWNFIELD THIS WEEKEND CALL ME IF YOU WANT MORE DETAILS. ITS SUNDAY AFTERNOON. POOR DRSTV SORRY I HURT YOUR FEELINGS tongue.gif

zip
07-10-2002, 13:23
PNUTGRWR-- man you are definitely a LIGHT along a long dark road! Good luck with that stallin crap. :cool:
zip