PDA

View Full Version : Fumoto oil valve- reg or "N" type ??

Johnny Diesel
11-17-2003, 16:36
I want to buy one of these valves and was wondering if there is any advantage to either type or is it just a matter of personal preferance? :confused:

YZF1R
11-17-2003, 16:43
Get the N with the nipple. If you have the skid plates it will stick out just far enough to let you drain the oil without filling the skid plate. Also, you can put on a hose to drain pan if needed.

And, welcome to The Diesel Page!

Steve

LanduytG
11-17-2003, 16:44
Well I would have to say that if you have a 4 wheel drive with skid plates you want the F106N that is the nipple version. 2 wheel drive or no skid plates then use the F106. I would have to say that I sell about 98% F106N for the Duramax.
\
Greg

heartbeatcanada
11-17-2003, 17:16
Greg

Should i have any concerns with that valve opening up??? I don't do any off-roading, just worried about the ice and snow build up underneath, since i plow snow and it is ussually packed under the truck. Want to install one, but this is a concern to me. Any info would be appreciated as i'm sick of my skid plate being filled up with oil. At least the skid plate wont rust. tongue.gif

Also got any info on those injectors you were talkin about a while back??????? Later Jeremy

LanduytG
11-17-2003, 19:01
The valve has a locking lever but if you are concerned for a $1 you can get a clip to put on it as well.

Should know about the injectors late this week I hope.

Greg

heartbeatcanada
11-17-2003, 19:03
Greg sounds good, will try one out. Looking forward to some info on the injectors. Thanks Jeremy

DmaxMaverick
11-18-2003, 17:28
Absolutely get the nipple.

Another way to secure the lever is to use a small hose clamp. No worries that way, although I have never heard of anyone's coming open (unplanned) for any reason.

Johnny Diesel
11-19-2003, 05:36
Thanks guys the "N"s have it. So a nipple it'll be for me! :eek: