PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

bora
04-02-2002, 17:51
Just bought a Chevy 2500HD Duramax CrewCab with short bed.
LS Trim package with leather bench seats. Had all the options that I wanted and nothing that I didn't. Even used my GMS discount and my GM dollars.

This is my first truck bought to tow my race car (road racing), what a wonderful truck.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

56Nomad
04-02-2002, 18:31
Welcome aboard!

I think all of us believe this has to be
one of the best resources to learn about
your new truck. smile.gif

bluenote
04-02-2002, 18:32
Bora-

Congratulations on the new ride! You'll love the power and performance. If my experience is any indication, it gets better as the miles build up. Drive it like you stole it, vary the speed during those early miles, and after a short break-in, hook that beast up and tow something heavy. Enjoy :D :D :D

DSLPOWR
04-02-2002, 19:46
Congrats and Welcome! :D

stillracing
04-02-2002, 20:40
We all know about your truck, what do you race?

pontiac_m18
04-02-2002, 21:43
BORA, FIRST THINGS FIRST, WELCOME TO OUR SITE & may you get all your questions answered quickly & correctly. Howard :D :D :D

TXMAX
04-02-2002, 22:17
Bora,
Welcome aboard. This is an awesome resource for our trucks. I hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.

Abe :D :D

Kent Tuttle
04-03-2002, 00:03
bora,

I'm in my 3rd week with mine and I just don't want to stop driving it. Just took a trip over the weekend towing the trailer to the Imperial Sand Dunes (Glamis). It flat out hauls the mail and then some. You will love it if you are going to tow with it.

I also was able to use my GMS discount and GM card dollars. Made the purchase a little easier. Enjoy the new truck, I know I am :D

bora
04-03-2002, 00:17
My race car is a 1989 BMW M3 prepared to BMWCCA
J-stock specifications.

I am so impressed with this truck so far.

By the way, I need to buy splash guards, nerf bar and a bug deflector.
I like the OEM splash guards that were in the brochure, I wonder what the part no is.

stretch
04-03-2002, 04:23
Welcome aboard Bora. I wish you the best of luck with your new truck, it was a great choice !!! How did you come up with the name Bora ? Is it a reference to the Maserati Bora of 1973 - 1980 ? I'm just curious. Also, where do you road race ?

bora
04-03-2002, 18:05
BMWCCA Pacific region, I have been doing open track events so far and just getting ready to get my racing license to run with BMWCCA/NASA in California.

The name Bora is Turkish and it means a very strong thunderstorm.

Bora

mark45678
04-03-2002, 19:47
Welcome! I have a set to OEM splash guards, I paid like 10$ for each set. your local{GM} parts guy will have them, if they dont try to find them at a differnt dealer it took 5 weeks for my special or to come in! All GM NON-OEM parts can not be tracked like all there other parts, basicly your at there mercy! try gmpartsdirect.com???? I think this is the right site. Good luck in your up and coming race season! If it has wheels and a motor I will race it!!!!gokarts,SCCA,NHRA.....