PDA

View Full Version : What Box works good with the ZF 6-speed.

gregmican
07-08-2002, 21:55
I'm want to purchase one of the boxes out there for my Duramax. I read a post not too long ago that said none of the boxes work with the manual tranny. Is this true? I also heard Edge Products (Juice Maker) are working on a box for the zf 6 speed. I hope so. ;)

tmg115
07-09-2002, 07:13
right now i think the duramaximizer is the only one.

i hear edge is trying to make a box but something keeps holding them up.

SoCalDMAX
07-09-2002, 08:17
Greg,

It is generally acknowledged that the Dmax/6 speed is so potent and perfect that there is no need to add any power to it, thus no power mods have been made or will ever be made for it.

Just kidding. ;) The Maximizer, VA box, Power Play and propane all work on a 6 speed. I also heard the same rumor that you did, the Juice may some day come in a different version which would work with the 6 speed.

Since we're talking power, I wonder how much power the clutch can take... :D

Regards, Steve

[ 07-09-2002: Message edited by: SoCalDMAX ]</p>

walkerkd
07-09-2002, 09:24
hey gregmican,
what type of fuel mileage are you getting with that combo? and have you towed any heavey loads with it? hows it doing??

DmaxCC6spd
07-09-2002, 13:51
I received an email reply from Kennedy Diesel. Regarding a box for a 6spd box he stated
"....The current box WILL work, but if you want to change
modes, you will need to drop it on an Auto equipped truck..."

This was in regards to the Juice/EZ Amp box.

[ 07-09-2002: Message edited by: DmaxCC6spd ]</p>

gregmican
07-09-2002, 16:36
walkerkd,
I am getting 18 to 20 mpg all the time. I haven't pulled some real heavy loads, I pulled a Jeep on a car hualer to our deer lease and got 12 mpg. I love the mileage though, compared to my 98 3/4ton 4x4 with the 350, this truck rocks! Although I think GM messed up by getting rid of the 350. Nonetheless, I love my current setup. The truck is a little jumpy in the morning until it warms up, but nothing that bothers me. It's just that she's rearin to go thats all.
;)

spctr13
07-09-2002, 19:50
As for the 6-speed , I am not that worried about the clutch , Transmission , but the dual-mass flywheel is giving me fits . At 52,000 miles the truck is going in for it's second . 1st at 35,900+ under warrenty , 2nd I'll pay $100 deductable plus anything else that is found down stream from the engine . Both times I had a very audable sound in the last 1-1 1/2 inch of clutch travel . 1st diagnosed , and shown to me as a failed bearing on the input shaft , including scoreing . GM changed out everything , flywheel and transmission . Sounds the same to me now , but GM told the shop foreman that they think it is the flywheel .
A little history : Nothing drastic , very little off-roading , no road racing - I'm 67!!! 70% pulling a 26ft travel trailer .

Mac

Christian Roth
07-10-2002, 10:54
The Juice/Amp box will work on a six speed, although it will default to it's last programmed power level. So basically you have only one power level to choose from while the unit is installed. To change power levels from the default you would need to program the box on an auto to your desired level in both tow/haul modes and then install it on the six speed.

elowe1
07-10-2002, 11:09
Interesting about your flywheel problem. I had the same with mine. Between 1/4 and 3/4 clutch travel it made a grinding sound almost as if the throw out bearing was bad. The dealer swapped the dual mass flywheel at 18000 miles and the problem went away. Unfortunatly it has returned at 25000 miles. I guess its back to the dealer. Other than that everything is way cool.