PDA

View Full Version : Question for Tinbender

D'Max_2_DA_Max
08-03-2003, 05:54
Tinbender,

I checked out your Dakota Digital gauges in the pics in the link in your signature. I really like the look a lot!! :cool: :cool:

I looked at the Dakota website and didn't see the gauges or the bezel. Questions???
1. Do you have the part numbers for the gauges? :confused:
2. Did you buy a bezel or did you modify the original console panel? :confused: :confused:
3. How long did it take to install? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks!!

2K2AD
08-03-2003, 06:28
Not to speak for Tinbender, but I followed his lead as well and can answer at least part of this question for you.

1. DD doesn't make those square gauges any longer. The were the Odessey series. I found this out when I was having a thermocouple problem and called for tech support. Something about one of their parts suppliers cannot supply.

2. The console panel gets cut and modified slightly. It is slghtly curved and the corners get shallowed out to allow the gauges to sit flush. You can do this on a drill press with a grinding bit (like for a Dremel tool) quite easily.

3. Mine only took a couple of hours from end to end.

Kevin

CntrlCalDmax
08-03-2003, 07:35
If the Dakota gauges are no longer available and you want to install in the overhead, you might check the BD Xmonitor. It makes a for nice install in the overhead. One example is in my sig.

Tinbender
08-03-2003, 13:15
2K2AD pretty much answered all your questions. It's to bad they had to discontinue the digital guages, I'm sure enjoying my installation.

Bob