PDA

View Full Version : Post OEM Cat filter

chipper
11-19-2003, 14:18
GOODS NEWS GUYS,

Yestertday I took pics of my post OEM Cat 2 micron fuel filter installation in to the service manager at Edmark GMC in Nampa Id & ask him for his opinion on it & if I had voided my engine warranty. He looked at them & said he saw no problem, but the area factory rep was coming in this afternoon & he would like to get her opinion on it. Well, she also saw no problem, but also made copys of all my pics so that she could get the same setup installed on her DMAX. He also went out today & inspected my truck & gave me a letter saying the install was properly done. Seems like the door is opening. He said the rep told him the factory is very concered about the injector problem & they are working on it.

Incidently the rep in this area is a graduate automotive engineer, very sharp gal.

DmaxCC6spd
11-20-2003, 04:29
Could you please post your pictures. I am planning to add a filter to my Dmax as well. There are a couple of "kits" on the market, but they seem to be of the near tank variety. I prefer the mounting under the battery tray option as a secondary filter. This would seem to be the most logical installation setup.

Idle_Chatter
11-20-2003, 04:55
DmaxCC6spd, I don't know of any filters mounted under the battery tray. Several people have mounted filters under the airbox tray just behind the headlight on the passenger side. I have a Kennedy Megafilter post-OEM in that location. Some of the Racor systems and CAT filters have been placed here too. The Kennedy Mega Filter kit is available from www.kennedydiesel.com (http://www.kennedydiesel.com)

chipper
11-20-2003, 08:33
DmaxCC6spd,
Idon't know how to post pics here, but if you shoot me your email address I would be happy to send them to you<<mrgene@att.net>>

Heartbeat Hauler
11-20-2003, 10:41
Speaking of secondary fuel filtering, has anyone heard about the option GM & Racor are working on? Isn't it suppose to be available by now? Waitin' for an update.
P.S. Chipper, where did you mount that Cat filter for post-OEM operation? Most of the CATS I have seen posted are near the fuel tank, I assumed they were pre-OEM.
JP

chipper
11-20-2003, 16:13
Heartbeat Hauler,
I mounted it Lone Eagle style, on the mount bolts for the A/C.Easy to get to to change. :D

OC_DMAX
11-20-2003, 16:55
Follow the link below for a summary of the various filters mounted both Pre and Post OEM. This summary post was originally done by 56Nomad. There are a number of links to forum members websites where pictures are posted of their installs.

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006502