PDA

View Full Version : High Idle Switch Installation in Georgia?

DrL30047
08-03-2003, 08:20
Due to my disability, I am unable to do any mechanical work. I want to have a High Idle Switch installed on my '01 D/A. Does anyone know a place in Georgia (prefer Atlanta area) where I can have one installed? If any forum member in Georgia will put one on for me, I'd be glad to pay them.

I want to use the switch when I need to be out of the truck in the Summer so I can leave the A/C on for the family pet. Will it be okay to run the A/C with the high idle in?

Thanks.

a64pilot
08-04-2003, 07:06
DRL,
I'm too far away to help on the install. As far as it being OK to run the AC on high idle, yes it would be OK if you trust your truck to run while being unmonitored. Some people don't, I do. It's basically unmonitored when the Wife drives it. :D
The AC dosen't work well enough at normal idle? It should. High idle really dosen't help that much, it's more of a "cool" thing to have than a necessity IMHO, so I don't think it is a necessity, more of a nice thing to have.

Mudflap
08-07-2003, 07:52
Sometimes in really hot weather and I have my dog with me, I will leave the truck locked and idling with the A/C on while I am in the store. Recently, it started trying to stall after one of these periods when I tried to drive away. It wouldn't quit, it just wouldn't accelerate past 20mph. Sometimes the SES light will come on and sometimes not. The Dealer says that the codes are showing a bad injector and fuel being routed back to the tank but it runs great otherwise. I do not have the hi-idle mod and there are 63,000 miles on the truck 2001 D/A. Right now I use a piece of crown molding between the seat and the accelerator to boost the idle to about 900 rpm when I am out of the truck.