PDA

View Full Version : who has best price on banks ? are they quiet?

DATSBAD
11-20-2003, 13:23
i really want an exhaust in stainless but i only know of banks . is there anyone else ? and i am looking for something not to loud , just want something a little louder than stock , any thoughts?

mdrag
11-20-2003, 14:58
KENNEDY DIESEL (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults.cfm?Category=4) has a 4" stainless system. I have Kennedy's 4" to 5" aluminized exhaust - it's been installed for over 1 year. Excellent sound, fit, and construction.

mackin
11-20-2003, 19:27
Originally posted by DATSBAD:
i really want an exhaust in stainless but i only know of banks . is there anyone else ? and i am looking for something not to loud , just want something a little louder than stock , any thoughts? There's a few around ..... ATS ,may be a bit loud for your taste ..... Quadzilla has a system I believe ... There's a few others ,but they don't come to mind,if your set on stainless as I was also when I upgraded to 4" .....

I have the Bank's set-up and it's a nice deep rumble outside ,but real decent in the cab ... Not obnoxious at all ..... There's some real good deals out there on the web for this system ....It pays to shop around and or ask ... Price depends on your cab/bed configuration and year in refferance to cat or noncat .....

Mac

DATSBAD
11-20-2003, 21:02
well i have a 04 crew , short bed. did banks change there muffler on their system? it seems that i remember someone saying that they redesigned it becuase it was to loud ?

there is also someone on here that has JK'S stainless system but it is not made by jk himself , someone else makes it for him and he just resells it i think , anyone help on how jk's stainless sounds , i have had great service from him and would like to buy from him again

More Power
11-21-2003, 09:57
http://www.usdieselparts.com is a master Banks dealer.

Also check http://www.dieselservices.com

MP

Heartbeat Hauler
11-21-2003, 10:25
I have the Banks system and compared to stock you really have to listen to hear it over the engine noise. Scale of 1 - 10 (10 being loudest) I would say stock is 1 and the Banks system is 1.5 or 2. I haven't towed yet and it may get a bit louder at 3000 RPMs, but I don't think so maybe another .5 on the scale. Loud is subjective, but my wife hasn't complained about it sooo.....
If mama's happy, everybody's happy ;)
AS for others, Kennedy Diesel has a SS system. If low cost is what you are after, Summit has an aluminized 4' system for $299.
Good Luck,
JP

aero
11-21-2003, 11:20
Bought mine directly from Banks. They have sale right now. Talk to Jim Joyce. And yes it is a LITTLE LOUDER

drthv8r
11-21-2003, 14:29
I have the 4" Banks system and when I tow it is noticable. But I'm keeping the older style muffler it sounds great to me except when towing.

Murray the Cop
11-21-2003, 16:02
The Quad and the Bully Dog are the same. They come in stainless. I installed a bully dog and its not loud by any means. The wife never complained and believe me thats no easy feat. Could probably make it even quieter if I was to go with a 4inch tip instead of 5.

Burner
11-21-2003, 23:23
I bought my Banks from Torque and Chrome.com.... but I should have just bought JK's. Is is loud, to me it is very loud between 1,500 RPM and 2,000 RPM. Shipping and all cost me 585.00, I think that's fair.

Burner-------> :D

DATSBAD
11-22-2003, 07:30
with all this being said, what should i buy , i am not concerned about cost but i do not want to pay way to much ? i just do not want it loud . so the new improved banks is quieter?