PDA

View Full Version : Forum Operation

More Power
08-06-2003, 16:00
Many files located on the TDP web server were mistakenly deleted by our ISP admin during a routine housekeeping operation a few days ago. This hit the forum pretty hard, affecting both member registrations and forum topic threads. It may take a while to work through these issues.

If your forum registration was affected, please send me an email message that contains your registered email address.

Some forum threads were also lost. In general, the lost threads were of a certain date older than 30 days. Most of the affected threads and member registrations were restored via a backup, but some were lost permanently due to the backup cycle at our ISP not being caught in time.

The forum will likely be toggled off again for a much shorter period of time as we move the entire web site to a new server. This process was begun before we discovered the true nature of problem, but should help with overall system performance.

Thanks for your patience.

MP

heartbeatcanada
08-06-2003, 16:57
Thank god its up and running. I was going into withdrawel(sp.?) Keep up the good work, love this site, tonnes of info. Later Jeremy

Silver Bullet
08-06-2003, 22:55
Thanks Jim!

DieselDixon
08-06-2003, 23:04
You must be using the same server as this other forum I frequent, they went down the last couple of days too. I had absolutely nothing to do...

Hope you can work everything out okay so you can climb back in the chair and suck down another beer.

SoMnDMAX
08-07-2003, 00:23
Sounds good, Jim. I figured you were having server problems again, since the site's load time has been increasing as of late, similar to the last time the server "burped".

NWDmax
08-07-2003, 02:08
I'm all excited to see the most recent posts and all I get is that maintenance message.
I had a serious case of the DP tremens.
I'm feeling better now!
Thanks MP!! :D

Mike Fultz
08-07-2003, 06:59
Jim, does that mean the server went into LIMP mode. Juice works well with our trucks but not so on a server.

Mike

MAV (formerly Maverick)
08-07-2003, 10:39
The forum ate my identity and wouldn't give it back. Had to start over. Newbie again. :(

Anybody else have their registration lost and have to re-register?

[ 08-07-2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: MAV (formerly Maverick) ]

hoot
08-07-2003, 11:41
Originally posted by MAV (formerly Maverick):
The forum ate my identity and wouldn't give it back. Had to start over. Newbie again. :(

Anybody else have their registration lost and have to re-register? We want proof ;)

WillowCreekStable
08-07-2003, 12:41
I got the boot in May, but it let me re-register under the same name. No link to the old posts though, and I have a different member number.

Gbenzx01
08-07-2003, 16:33
Hoot,
Seen ya buddy?
Sorry but sumbody was gonna say it, right?
No, I just figured MP took the Page in for half million mile chkup, is an 01 isn't it, had the pcm udates? Did they find air? In pre or post filters? May o been the nsbu causing a flicker.
Coulda been lopy idle but no they said they all do that & all in spec? Yep, I got it, it's that bad boy box that done it! Yeah I know, using too much real estate around here, ain't but so many acres, huh? tongue.gif
None of the above, very good site, snappy!

Thnx, Gben

tysmith
08-07-2003, 17:22
I was demoted. Kind of a bummer, having had a member number in the low 5k was kind of cool. With this newer, larger member number, I hope no one thinks I'm trying to compensate for anything... :eek:

Ty :D