PDA

View Full Version : Oil Drain valve

CONCORDMAX
04-04-2002, 18:19
Wondering if anybody has installed the fumoto oil drain valve. Seems like a dumb question but has any one worried about someone crawling under your truck and opening the valve.

CHEVY 02 DMAX/ALLISON CC LONG BED
CHARCOAL GREY, GRAPHITE INTERIOR
1800 MILES AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

APR2000
04-04-2002, 18:30
The Fumoto Drain valve has been discussed many times here. However, the question was always whether some debris, ice, etc. could accidentially open it. All thought that this was not going to happen, some even go so far as to thread the nipple and cap it, or zip tie the drain lever. Now, someone whould have to know that you had the Fumoto and have the motive and opportunity to intentionally open it. Maybe the same dude that burned that guy's garage down would do this. If I had to worry about this, I would move. Someone could also steal your spare, puncture your tires, put crap in your fuel tank, stick ostrich eggs up your exhaust, etc. Sorry if I gave your enemies any other ideas. What me worry. I live in the country and anyone thinking about such a crime would be in my crosshairs.

Colorado Kid
04-04-2002, 19:19
What APR2000 said plus this....10 Qts of oil will make a puddle that you would definately notice :eek: so you're not talking about an engine wrecking experience here. You'd just have to lay down in the puddle to close the valve :( and then walk to the store to buy more oil :mad: and some new clothes (so you can sit down in your truck) and you'll be on your way :cool:

Like I told the guy who called to try to sell me a security system for my house... "Everyone in my neighborhood has at least one big dog and at least one shotgun, there are no repeat offenders of breaking and entering here." Same goes for truck theives and vandals. I won't shoot you for vandalizing my truck (I might hit the truck!) but I will introduce you to my dog. If you make me think you're going to hurt my dog then you might get wounded.

MNBowTie
04-04-2002, 21:27
I've installed the Flomoto valve on my dmax and my wife’s Yukon. :D :D My Yukon has just about 3000 miles since I installed it and will get changed this w/e. Due to a now fired mechanic my Yukon has been in the dealers garage about three out of the last 5 weeks. I can report no problems with the valve. Both have the nipple version and I have a hose that attaches and drains through a removable cap on a 3-gal bucket. I expect this to be a piece of cake. Like what was mentioned by other posts, the vandal would have to know you have it installed first.

CONCORDMAX
04-05-2002, 00:11
Thanks guy's, I guess I am just being a little to parinoid. Maybe it comes with owning your first 40 thousand dollar truck.

APR2000
04-05-2002, 09:36
Bad things can happen to innocent trucks, but the Fumoto has proven security. My worse event so far wasn't caused by two legged critters, but rather by four legged ones. I went out to the truck a few weeks back to discover that 2 cats had settled their dispute on the hood. :mad: I hope you enjoy your truck as much as I have mine.