PDA

View Full Version : How to expand your OEM tank for more capacity

BigRedDMaxx
11-22-2003, 19:11
We'll I just got done with adding a bed mounted aux fuel tank, plumbed to a Baldwin BF 7587, Facet 45 GPH pump, and 3 way solenoid valve. Have two lighted switches on dash. One is for the pump the other for selecting between the main tank or to recirculate back to the aux tank (this way I can provide for multiple passes thru the filter for real clean fuel).
Unfortunately, the light quit on the solenoid valve switch. I thought I was circulating back to the aux tank when, in fact, I was trying to fill an already full main tank. OOPS ! All I know is that about 8 gal too much went somewhere. It was pooring rain at the time so I didn't notice anything driving down the road. When I realized what had, I stopped and cracked the fuel cap slightly and fuel just started to gush out. I haven't noticed any ill effects yet. I checked the oil dipstick but it looks OK. Is it possible diesel got into the engine ? I have driven about 120 miles since this happened and the fuel gage has not even dropped back to the full mark so either the gage was damaged somehow or I expanded the main tank capacity !
Any other parts I may have damaged ? The pump pressure capability is supposed to be 7 to 9 psi.

MaxACL
11-23-2003, 15:42
I don't see how any fuel could have gotten into your engine. Just vented outside.

I am interested in a set-up like you have. Could you drop me an email sometime with a parts list and where you bought the parts. miketheboo@hotmail.com

It may be several days before I'm able to check my mail so bear with me.
:rolleyes:
Mike

hd90rider
11-23-2003, 18:28
MaxACL, Still at Horizon? One of these days we may meet up. Delivering Jax,Fl this Wed. Then will be back in In the following Mon. Why put that setup on your truck? Just curious. I have the 115 gal tank on now for 2 years & no problems. It is plumbed with a solenoid switch & feeds itself, no other pump necessary. I do have an aux. filter w/water seperator though. Work hard Marion needs more $$$$. LOL Bill

MaxACL
12-02-2003, 17:17
Bill, Greetings...

I was wanting a lift pump (I think) for several reasons, all of them good I hope.

Marion's done peeded on my leg, upset me.

Gimme a call sometimes... 214 448-3527

Mike

BigRedDMaxx
12-06-2003, 21:19
Hi Mike,
Sorry for the delay in answering your request.
The tank I have is a 60 gallon tank/tool box combo that I purchased from www.northerntool.com (http://www.northerntool.com) ($500)
From NAPA: 3 port solenoid valve #2-2057 ($45)
From JC Whitney: Perma-Cool filter kit # 73-5034W($45) and Facet electric fuel pump #AJH738898A($38)
Baldwin BF 7587 filter
Misc brass pipe thread/barb fittings, hose, clamps, two lighted toggle switches.
I am very pleased with the set-up.
Regards,
BigRedDMaxx