PDA

View Full Version : Juice Controller

FstTrack
08-06-2003, 21:08
I just got a magazine in the mail that shows a controller for the juice and it has egt and boost in it has anyone seen one of these yet does it work?

ski
08-06-2003, 21:30
still waiting for edge to release it. I emailed Aaron several days ago, nadda :rolleyes: Release dates continue to slip. i can understand if it is not ready, but at least provide that info........

GMC D-Max
08-07-2003, 07:34
The phantom Juice Controller?
Never seen one!
;) tongue.gif

Kennedy
08-07-2003, 11:31
Looks like Betas are coming VERY soon, and I'm told that it looks even cooler than the pics on their site.

Will allow adjustment of the fuel increase onset. In other words, manual selection of the CA vs. Std program onset in several graduated steps from below CA (slowest onset) to above? std for competition use. Slower onset = less smoke as you roll in, etc.

Control of the defuel at shifting is also added.

mackin
08-07-2003, 11:37
Did someone say Beta ???? :D

Looks like Betas are coming VERY soon, and I'm told that it looks even cooler than the pics on their site.Of course it will be Cooler ..The one we've been looking at is fur a Furd ..... http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Mac smile.gif

Sneaks
08-07-2003, 11:43
Good lord, Workaholic John Kennedy, go back to enjoying the sights at Sturgis and fuggedaboudus for a day or two.

:D

DMAX Daddy
08-07-2003, 12:46
Controller Thread on Juice Board (http://www.xmission.com/~brimhall/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3f329d735c70ffff;act=ST;f=1;t=116)

Info From Justin on the Juice Thread listed above:

Hey guys. I just have to say that we at Edge are sorry for the long and sometimes non-existing response. I am new to the forum as far as being able to respond. I hope that you guys will forgive us and give us another chance.
Now for the controller. We are going to be sending out some beta test units at the beginning of next week. We have some of them built in the back waiting for the program. We are trying to get the best possible product that we can for you. We have added 0-60 and 1/4 Mile times as options. These options need to be programmed and tested. I will tell you that we are running the attitude on two of our trucks and the programs that are written are running good. There are a few that need to be revised but for the most part we are experiencing no problems.
So in closing I hope you will understand that we want to get you the best product possible. We are sure that you will be more than happy with it when you recieve it.

Thanks
Justin
Yes it will be about the same as the G-tech but way more features. You will have everything that you want short of a Million Dollars. (unless of coures you already have it) Like I said you will like what you get that's for sure.

Thanks,

Justin
You don't have to get rid of you box. We will update your box when you buy the Attitude. They will be out at the end of the month. They will retail at 299.00. If you are looking at the complete package then it will run you 899.00. Thanks Justin

Kennedy
08-07-2003, 13:46
Oh yeah, forgot about the "G-tech" type function.

Sneaks,

I may be here, but I'm not answering the phone. Looking to pack up the Bilstein shock back orders and get my forklift up and running again after someone who was instructed NOT to take itfrom the shop tipped it over due to lack of brakes (and brains) and emptied the fluids...

Then I have a quick emergency 6.5 repair scheduled for early am before heading off to see Doug @ Auto-D so he can hook up my stereo amp and wiring along with my Morel drivers in the rear doors.

I'd rather still be in Sturgis (wait till you see Sdaver's pics) but other circumstances that delayed our departure also hastened our return...

WillowCreekStable
08-07-2003, 14:22
How will the Controller mount and will it be easily removable (if you know what I mean...... :D )

Joe.G
08-07-2003, 17:38
Kennedy, put the Infinity Componet kit in, it sounds better than my Bose 8 speaker in my Silverado SS does, you will hear things that you have never heard before, I guarantee it!

Make sure it's the reference speakers.

Kennedy
08-07-2003, 17:59
JoeG,

'preciate the suggestion, but from what I am told by Madisound, the Morel stuff I am using is about 10x the quality of typical car audio at a much better price. Fronts are already in with custom "Leap" designed crossover. Problem is, I need some power now...

Time will tell as Doug has all the goodies there to test my setup. I'm anxious to see his Geo Metro that blows the windshield out with sound pressure! :eek:

RVGuy
08-08-2003, 11:10
All along, I was told or was under the impression that the Juice controller (code name Attitude) would be backward compatible without software upgrade or anything.

Now, I see in the posts from Justin at Edge, saying that an update will be needed requiring one to send the module in.

Can JK or anyone confirm this. I don't want to bother the boys at Edge so they can continue focusing on getting this jewel out the door.

I'm gettin' an attitude about gettin' an Attitude!

GMC D-Max
08-08-2003, 11:31
Originally posted by kennedy:
JoeG,

'preciate the suggestion, but from what I am told by Madisound, the Morel stuff I am using is about 10x the quality of typical car audio at a much better price. DITTO!!
(Madisound knows their stuff, too!)

Although, some of the new Infinity stuff coming down the pike (not yet available in the mobile audio line) may be worth a look-see. I'm gonna guess, tho, that it's still not going to be on par with the likes of Morel, Focal, Audio Development ($$$), etc.

On topic: So what's the deal with the special "package" pricing on the Controller? All of us who already own a Juice get penalized for having purchased them early on, thereby supporting Edge Products and helping them get to where they are now? Sounds like short-shrift, to me!

Make it the same price for everybody!
If they can sell it in a "new" package for a reduced price, they should be willing to sell it to existing customers for the same price!

DIESEL 5
08-08-2003, 11:55
Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows:
1)would we be able to switch between juice levels? and if so could it be done at a quick push of a button?
2) would this controller give additional hp like a predator would?

Thanks

David
:confused:

WillowCreekStable
08-08-2003, 12:37
Originally posted by WillowCreekStable:
How will the Controller mount and will it be easily removable (if you know what I mean...... :D ) I'm very interested in this product but I've got lots of warranty left, have yet to meet a service manager I would trust enough to reveal the 'juice' secret, and Grand Rapids is a long drive from here...........

RVGuy
08-08-2003, 13:38
Originally posted by DIESEL 5:
1)would we be able to switch between juice levels? and if so could it be done at a quick push of a button?
2) would this controller give additional hp like a predator would?I'm not the expert but believe I can respond to your questions. Its my understanding that the Attitude will allow you to switch between power levels by depressing a button or two.

The Attitude controller connects to the power Juice power module itself. The Attitude is just a in-cab, dash mounted controller that is connected to the power module located under the hood as always.

And it is also my understanding that one will have the ability to easily remove the Attitude controller for service visits.

DIESEL 5
08-08-2003, 13:51
Thanks Rvguy !
Now I am very excited, I almost ordered a quadzilla. I think I'll just wait for the controller. :cool:

SoMnDMAX
08-09-2003, 01:04
Finally!!!

I want one.... Soon.... smile.gif

a64pilot
08-09-2003, 08:55
Originally posted by WillowCreekStable:
How will the Controller mount and will it be easily removable (if you know what I mean...... ) I'm pretty sure you could mount it like TST recommends, basically open the hood and drivers door, you will notice there is plenty of room to run wire between them without haveing to drill any holes or making any marks etc.. Done this way it is easily removable leaving no evidence it was ever there to begin with. Of coure the tranny will shift hard until it re-learns how to shift now that all of that power is missing :D

Kennedy
08-09-2003, 09:39
There will be necessary MECHANICAL alteration which will involve shipping to Edge. There has been buzz about an exchange program for those who are not concerned about getting their exact same module back.

These items are priced sperately, and as a package deal at a discount. I for one, will adjust the price to the discounted combination level for my loyal customers.

Doug can comment on my driver/crossover/amp combo and it's clarity. Now I just need a sub and sub amp...

I would recommend Doug to anyone looking for top quality stereo installation, and if you want to feel like you are standing on pavement being jackhammered, have him fire up the Geo and watch the windshield and roof jump at 160db! :eek:

ski
09-01-2003, 21:25
anyone heard anything lately ? I know it will be a good product, but 4+ months between announcement and actual availability ? Edge, c'mon.......

DMAX Daddy
09-01-2003, 22:11
They originally said "next month" in February, which means its pushing 7 months...

MAV
09-02-2003, 08:52
I seen Kennedy's unit in his truck on Sunday night. He took me for a ride. With all the features this thing has......wow....it will be worth the wait!

DMAX Daddy
09-02-2003, 09:11
I didnt say it wouldnt be worth the wait! :D :D :D :D :D

Once John has a system down for upgrading the old juices mine will be on its way.

I got the perfect spot for it too. I hope it fits!

BassinRVer
09-02-2003, 10:43
I guess I'll finally program the Predator into my truck for power for when I have to give up my Juice for the update for the Controller.

ski
09-02-2003, 18:18
Mav,

got any details you can share ? is it as advertised, gauge functionality, g-tech type functions, tire size programming......etc

How 'bout fit and finish ? better, as pictured.

Give us somethin'

ski

BassinRVer
09-04-2003, 09:45
Any more news??

WillowCreekStable
09-04-2003, 14:40
I'm interesting in this but curious where the best place to mount it is, and how - velcro? Lag Bolts?

MAV
09-04-2003, 17:56
It does way to may functions to list. Its hooked into the BUS (sp) system. It can read throttle postion (percent of pedal) and can switch between 5 levels of juice. You can change the LCD screen to show 1 or more functions you what to monitor. Size is about 2" high by 4-5" long. LCD screen was back light with light blue at night. I only seen it at night. Kennedy went through it so fast with its functions I can't remember all of it.