PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Computer update / Juice

peachin
08-06-2003, 21:33
I'm going into the dealer Monday and want them to get any updates for my 03 VIN # and then if there are any - have them make the updates - I have the Juice attached - will it have any effect on their diagonstics or updates - I really don't care if the dealer sees the Juice connected.

Anyone see any problems?

Thanks!

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-06-2003, 21:47
If I was you I would follow the old out of sight out of mind. :eek: :eek:

Just my $.02 cents smile.gif

GMC tongue.gif

mackin
08-06-2003, 21:54
Originally posted by peachin:
I'm going into the dealer Monday and want them to get any updates for my 03 VIN # and then if there are any - have them make the updates - I have the Juice attached - will it have any effect on their diagonstics or updates - I really don't care if the dealer sees the Juice connected.

Anyone see any problems?

Thanks! Do your self a favor and remove,you prolly mean you will ... The dealer will not see it "was" there,if this is what you meant .....

Updates ??? Run your vin doubt there is any .....

Mac
;)

FisHn2DMax
08-07-2003, 00:33
REMOVE YOUR JUICE!

All the stealer would need to do is see the box and make a note in the VIN# service history file. They'll update you with the latest version and never say a word to you about the juice; that is, UNTIL you have a future engine or tranny failure, then they'll pull up the history indicating you were running the Juice and possibly deny warranty. The burden of proof will be on you to prove the juice didn't cause the failure. Whereas those owners that remove the juice box, the burden of proof is on the Stealer/GM to prove you had a juice installed and that it directly lead to the failure.

DO yourself a BIG favor, pull the Juice before taking it in! :rolleyes:

flhrciblueice
08-07-2003, 01:40
Originally posted by FisHn2DMax:
REMOVE YOUR JUICE!

All the stealer would need to do is see the box and make a note in the VIN# service history file. They'll update you with the latest version and never say a word to you about the juice; that is, UNTIL you have a future engine or tranny failure, then they'll pull up the history indicating you were running the Juice and possibly deny warranty. The burden of proof will be on you to prove the juice didn't cause the failure. Whereas those owners that remove the juice box, the burden of proof is on the Stealer/GM to prove you had a juice installed and that it directly lead to the failure.

DO yourself a BIG favor, pull the Juice before taking it in! :rolleyes: If I'm not mistaken, the burden of proof goes to GM to prove the Juice caused a failure, if one should happen to occur. Don't get me wrong, I would recommend removing the juice, but I think the Magnusson-Moss Act(spelling?) states that the manufacturer can not deny warranty repair due to use of aftermarket parts unless they can prove the aftermarket parts caused the failure. I got into this issue with a Power Commander added to one of my Harleys--now a lot of Harley dealers install the PC's--go figure!
:D

king D
08-07-2003, 04:12
Originally posted by peachin:

Anyone see any problems?

Thanks! if your dealer is ok with it ther could still be problems like a guy from gm beeing there and just happens to walk buy and see it,and yes it is gms responceability but not really worth the hasle.for simple updates i leave my propane installed but the service manager said if any major work is needed to please take it off because gm would lower the boom on them for not calling immediately aboutvoided warranty concerns

mackin
08-07-2003, 06:40
Side note:

Last guy to get caught, er confessed to Juice installed, sometimes, but not when it broke this time, :rolleyes: ,has disappeared....
Think the Brass snuffed him out??

Mac http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-07-2003, 06:53
I look at it this way......

I needed a truck, they sold me one...

They have more money and more lawyers that I could ever dream of.

Remember the gas tank settlement, class action suit and it took years to settle :eek: .

Is it really worth it, the hassle???? :confused:

Not for me. ;)

GMC :D

ChevysRus
08-07-2003, 10:27
I heard a rumor (and maybe it's an Urban Legend)that the service guys were instructed to put a piece of coded taped label across the power plug where the Juice would be plugged in and if on a subsiquent visit to your dealer they determined the tape had been broken then the warranty is violated. there is a notice on the label tape to not break this seal under risk of voiding the warranty.

There are a lot of products out there that have similar seals so should not be hard for GM to do that...

Whatcha think BS or possibility? My truck has not been back to the dealer in over a year and I am coming up on 36K in the next few weeks. I want to take it in and have them check everything out like injectors, Dex-Cool, whatever including any upgrades. I will let you know if they put a stupid label on the plug.

Keep on Max-in

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-07-2003, 12:17
Originally posted by ChevysRus:
I heard a rumor (and maybe it's an Urban Legend)that the service guys were instructed to put a piece of coded taped label across the power plug where the Juice would be plugged in and if on a subsiquent visit to your dealer they determined the tape had been broken then the warranty is violated. there is a notice on the label tape to not break this seal under risk of voiding the warranty.

There are a lot of products out there that have similar seals so should not be hard for GM to do that...

Whatcha think BS or possibility? My truck has not been back to the dealer in over a year and I am coming up on 36K in the next few weeks. I want to take it in and have them check everything out like injectors, Dex-Cool, whatever including any upgrades. I will let you know if they put a stupid label on the plug.

Keep on Max-in I can't resist tongue.gif tongue.gif ,

Well all righty then I heard from a Broker once upon a time that they don't need any security tape, they just need a Juice Detector......He says it exists :rolleyes:

I say it's VAPORWARE :D .

If I have service done and I see tape on my connectors the service manager and I are gonna remove it before I leave the parking lot.

If he says my warranty is voided I am gonna ask for it in writing because they are changing the contract we entered into when I bought my truck and if one party does not agree to the change then it's null and void.

Unless GM has a sneaky clause that we do not know about, any lawyers here wanna do some reading???

Besides, anyone hear of a programmable tuner, let em tape it up, someone is always going to be one step ahead of them anyway.

GMC :D

P.S. don't sweat it.