PDA

View Full Version : how to handle dealer

ropadopa2000
04-05-2002, 14:10
any suggestions on how to approach a dealer who seems to know all but i am not sure he does and definitly thinks i know nothing.Ill be taking it for some service at 10k and over all i am liking my truck outside of a few querks one being the post that says crackling wind noise, and it seems to be a little leakage around the fuel line that fits into the top of the vale cover.What i really need to know is how to figure out what computer updates were performed on my vehicle.i follewed a link from this group to gm .com and put in my vin for calibration history and printed out 2 pages of part # and discriptions i feel that its possible that my truck fits a few discriptions such as i did some pulling the other day in reverse 4 wheel low and the power was poor. How do i know what has been performed and what has not ? once again any info on this subject would be greatfully appreceated Thanks

2001 d/a 4x4 ext cab 8 ft box

mdrag
04-05-2002, 14:31
ropadopa2000,

The only way to tell what software is installed on your truck is to hook up a Tech2 scan tool and check the software and compare it to your list from the GM calib site. My understanding of the info on the GM calib site is that ALL AVAILABLE SOFTWARE is listed - not what is installed.

Some dealers will perform the updates if you ask them to, other dealers (mine included) wanted a complaint before they would do it. The loss of power in 4Lo Reverse is a good example, as well as shift busyness in cruise.

What I've not been able to figure out is whether you can pick and choose the updates you want 'ala carte'; the service tech told me ALL the available software would be installed when they did the updates... I was very pleased with the software updates, and my truck ran better afterwards. Your mileage may vary. :D

Here is a recent link to posts on this topic:

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=003046&p=

[ 04-05-2002: Message edited by: mdrag ]</p>