PDA

View Full Version : SPA DG211 problem

tjc
07-11-2002, 15:46
Have had the SPA gauges for about 6 mos. and
have been blowing inline fuse recently. Have been blowing since about 6 weeks after Juice install. Fuse sometimes lasts for 3 or 4 days after new fuse install. I'm using 250ma. as recommended by SPA. Any one else had any similar problems? So far no answers from SPA.
Appreciate any help, maybe 250 ma. slo-blo??
Thanks.
tjc

Flyboy
07-11-2002, 18:32
I'm having a problem of a different nature with my DG-211 also. The boost pressure reading jumps all over the place. I've seen 136 PSI! It don't want to stay zeroed either. It shows one to two pounds with engine off. I have called SPA twice with no return call yet.

FrankA
07-12-2002, 07:30
I sent my SPAdg111 in for repairs. I also had the boost reading go every where but that problem seemed to go away. It also reads 1 pound at idle at times until a reset it. I sent it back because the led went out partually (it was still showing half the numbers).

Kennedy
07-12-2002, 08:26
There is a calibration mode that is used to zero the gauge, BUT what one must remember is that atmosphere can change from day to day. This would be my speculation for the 0,1 psi reading at idle.

As for the boost reading high, it is likely a sending unit problem.

Flyboy
07-12-2002, 14:36
I am still waiting for Patrick from DGA to return my two calls. I re-connected and taped up the connectors. They seemed to fit loose. Time will tell if it helps. My problem didn't show up until I was on the road about seven hours. I have zeroed mine several times. I can zero it and it still shows .4 or more stored.