PDA

View Full Version : First trip with juice

ColoradoBoz
11-24-2003, 16:53
I just finish my first trip with the Hot Juice. From Colorado to Minnesota, 1000 miles each way. Power was great, but the MPG totally stunk...same trip during the summer (no juice), I got over 600 miles per tank..which equates to high 19s and even some 20s. This trip I barely got 500 per tank...low 17s. I drove the exact same way..doing 75-80. This was in level 4. On the way back, I tried level 2..thinking this might help...almost the exact same story. The one thing I just thought of, is that it is winter time. The gas stations around here have "oxygenated" fuel after 1 Nov, and the MPG on my gas motor really stinks also. Do they do this with Diesel fuel also? Could this be the reason, or does the Juice really hurt the MPGs.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

DonG
11-24-2003, 21:44
Kevin,
They do thin out the diesel fuel in the winter to insure the fuel will not "set-up" in the cold. This "thinning" lower the BTU content of diesel and therefore the mileage will go down.

However, why do you think adding another 100 horse power to your truck would get you the same mileage. Something has to "feed" those extra horses. Very few things are free.

Don

ZFMax
11-24-2003, 23:03
It takes the same amount of power to move the truck down the highway at 75mph whether the truck is juiced or not. The driver feeds just enough throttle to make the needed power level. How much power it's capable of making if he applied full throttle is irrelevant to it's efficiency in this state.

That said, a lot of people (myself included) have experienced improved fuel mileage with a power booster on our trucks. Why, I'm not exactly sure, they must be doing something in the boxes that makes the truck more efficient, i.e. pulls more power out of a given amount of fuel. I saw a very noticeable improvement with the Predator ... I'm now juiced, but with the cold weather and blended fuel I'm not going to be able to do an accurate evaluation, the mileage always drops in the winter. Best mileage with that truck always seems to come on cooking hot summer days for some reason.

Maxter
11-25-2003, 04:40
My summer milleage is alot better than my winter milleage so I second that.

I have now better milleage under certain conditions with the normal juice on level 2 since about one year. The road I travel most often is about 875km long are there's alot of hills on most of it (many are 10-12%). My truck stays in 5th all the way when empty so I guess if the engine revs less, It consumes less fuel and that where I think a power box can help alot.

But I also think it is more efficient in obtaining more HP with less fuel. So it a combinaison of both.

Before the juice, I was able to do the 875 km with one thank but I was almost empty when arriving. Now most of the time I can do it and maybe 80km more before the tank is in the same state.

Now 88,000km and still going strong.

A nice day to you all.