PDA

View Full Version : A Chevy Duramax and a spare Chevy Duramax

Marty Lau
08-07-2003, 11:04
The other day where I fuel up there was a nice red extended cab Durabux truck, what I found humorous was that the truck was pulling a trailer which had an identical NEW Durabux truck on it. I turned to my buddy who is an aircraft mechnic and said look it that a Chevy and a spare Chevy. He laughed as in the aviation business when you have unreliable equipment to have dual redunacy. Hmmm what concept take your spare rig with you in case of break down! I believe in spares, I have a birddog and a spare birddog. When I go hunting I take a spare gun along.

GMC D-Max
08-07-2003, 11:27
Got a spare sense of humor?
You'll need it, because the spitballs at the Duramax ain't stickin' much anymore!
tongue.gif

hoot
08-07-2003, 11:39
He liked it so much he bought two!

Most likely they were delivering both trucks. Often you see a tractor (truck) with two or three straddled on the back when being delivered.

WillowCreekStable
08-07-2003, 12:35
I understand that when the Powerjokers buy a spare its a Dmax...... :D

Gbenzx01
08-07-2003, 17:05
Ah 16ga, come on, not in Montana?

Didju get pictures? :D

Gben

NWDmax
08-07-2003, 22:38
A
brokers sighting? :D :D tongue.gif tongue.gif

Bobcat698
08-07-2003, 23:27
Kind of reminds me of this picture: http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL50/490666/647919/24387333.jpg

Toyota with a FORD for a backup....

AbqGeorge
08-08-2003, 22:08
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gwmayes/TwoTrucks.jpg

I keep the 6.0L '01 on the left around just in case the '03 D/A on the right craps out ;)

Just joking. Cost me about $7k to do the switch.

Marty Lau
08-11-2003, 14:19
AH come on GMC Dmax don't take things so serrious, if I was in the market for a new Diesel pickup it would be a Durabux! Too much crap going with the Powersmoke and don't want to keep a Chiropractor busy with a Dodge! I'm sure the guy was hauling it for a dealer or he was a broker or something. I would have loved to have either one. In fact a buddy came up to my place this weekend with his very pretty Black Durabux truck and we hooked it up to a flat bed trailer with a thousand gallon water tank and went and picked up a load of water............Nice very nice job sure puts my 6.5TD to shame :eek:

Now if I could only find a spare $40,000 bucks :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I better start buying Powerball tickets again!!!

wushaw
08-11-2003, 20:07
16Ga,
Your Aircraft buddy is completely and totally incorrect about redundant systems on aircraft.
Those redundant systems are there to save your life. It's damn hard to just pull over at 35000 ft.

Marty Lau
08-15-2003, 15:03
Wushaw;
ummmm you are partly correct about aircraft. However I was a professional Pilot for 10 years and 5 years was on all weather frieght run through the mountains and I have more flight hours than most Military pilot retire with. My buddy has been an A&P & AI for about 25 years and I stand by my orginal statement alot of Aircraft parts are not very reliable. In particular Aircraft under 12,500 lbs. Rotor wings are worse than fixed winged aircraft. tongue.gif
And the FAA will alow manufactures not have redundant systems if they can prove a certain level of reliablity. (ei C-P210) tongue.gif

wushaw
08-16-2003, 19:23
16Ga,
I didn't know you were only talking about puddle jumpers. Yes I agree Puddle jumpers are more like an automobile since several components are made by automotive manufactures. But the good thing about the smaller aircraft is they have a whole lot better glide ratio so you have a chance at landing a little smoother than a DC-9,737 type.