PDA

View Full Version : WOW......EDGE IS THE BOMB !!!

BOOMERHD
04-07-2002, 07:51
WELL................

I tried to bite my tongue after I installed the JUICE-BOX this crisp a.m. but by the time I got to work and my "low fuel" light came on I was to pumped not to post. I will be doing the full set of tests with the guages later today (I had to work this a.m.).

But this D/A now rocks!!! A much smoother idle @ 600 rpm's. Sounds even smoother (can it correct the lope?). Throttle response is immediate, especially at idle. (kinda scary) Feels like a hopped up Gasser.

Off the cuff, from 10 mph to 35 mph turbo spools to 14 lbs. in an instant. If you stay on it 24 lbs. is reached by 65 mph's very quickly. My grin was too wide for me to pay attention to the Temp. Guage.

I take some small country roads to work, and it's only 7 minutes, or 5 today, so I was limited to tool and test time. I will be done early with work, and will give it my all after I get some fuel.

Seat of the pants is sick. I didn't know the D/A had this potential!!!

The HD D/A without the JUICE-BOX is just another pick-up truck. HOLY SH**

Boomer :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

stretch
04-07-2002, 07:57
COOL MAN !!!!!
Keep us informed............. smile.gif :D :cool:

stillracing
04-07-2002, 08:01
Let her RIPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! and let us know.

IndigoDually
04-07-2002, 09:24
Boomer, Do you have something heavy to tow? I'd like to see the results then, any codes set etc. Keep us posted, sounds promising.

John

mackin
04-07-2002, 09:27
Man I'm shaking in my boots just waiting for mine to hit the doorstep......I'll probably p*ss my pants if the UPS guy drives up my road and stops at MY house...... OH WHAT A FEELING IT MUST BE>>>>>>>
COME ON your a tease got so many questions for ya.... What setting did you have it on? Was the install as simple as advertised? Where did you mount it under the hood? Still running stock exhaust with the 55 gallon silencer?Hope your only working a 8 hour shift .Hay, if I jump on the Port Jefferson fairy in Bridgeport CT over to L.I. how far are you from there ? I'll buy you a "beer" or 2 that you can drink, while I take your Duramax around the block a couple times........LOL
See ya around you lucky DOG......If you pounce on the go peddle real hard will the clock jump ahead anouther hour?LOL
MAC :D :D :D

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

AzKevin
04-07-2002, 09:44
BOMMERHD,

Thanks for the update, however I'm thinking today would have been a good day to call in sick. ;)

It will be interesting to learn how the Juice compares with the VA.

ChevysRus
04-07-2002, 12:05
Hey BoomerHD, take it easy on those country roads!
I was on one of those a week or so ago and no one around, I thought, and after the CHP finally caught up with me, he wrote me a ticket for doing 85 in a 55 zone. He was laughing, said he first clocked me at 82, but didn't "lock" me into the radar because I was still accelerating! Nice guy. By the time I recognized that "black and white" Ford with the light rack (it was just a speck in the distance when I first saw it) it was too late. So where was my radar detector you might ask....in my other car of course.

$332 dollar ticket, but I get to go to Traffic School for 8 hours and get it erased completely. We California folks get to do that every 18 months. Problem now is can't get another one for 18 months so I better wait on that Edge Juice Box a little while longer.

So remember you are never alone, some day, somewhere you too get to make a donation to the City coffers. LOL

mackin
04-07-2002, 12:56
ChevysRus,

I'm on parole....... Read on:

You got off easy.? Me on the other hand received a ticket May 2001 for going 81 in a 55 went to court reduced it to $100 bucks was $239. So then same thing 8 months later another speeding ticket Dec. 2001 this one "UP HILL" after all I own a Duramax. I was clocked 67 in a 35 forced to go to court.This cop was a-hole.Took him forever to catch me ,I had no idea he wanted me . After about a mile when he caught up I slowed down to let him pass ,and the SOB pulled in behind me much to my surprise. Prosecutor was cool gave me a $75 fine. Now for the fun part. That was 2 infraction in a 2 year period I was sent a "warning " letter from the DMV. This is state law. If I so as much get any one more MOVING violation in the next 3 years from the first infraction I have to go to traffic court at a cost of $160 bucks. So in other words, I got one eye on cop alert one on the road until Dec of 2004 till I have a clean slate. I truly live in an over policed governed state in the EAST.
MAC :eek:

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

GBurton
04-07-2002, 12:59
ChevysRus

"I get to go to Traffic School for 8 hours and get it erased completely. We California folks get to do that every 18 months."

Don't forget that in some areas you can "attend" traffic school on-line. I did that several years ago. I stayed logged on most of the day but it only really took about 2 hours to do the course. The rest of the time my comuter was logged on but I was doing other things. ;)

George

motovet
04-07-2002, 13:06
Boomer,ditto on the towing thing. Got anything 10,000# or more? I would looove to hear about the towing performance.

BOOMERHD
04-07-2002, 19:40
O.K. Guys,

Sorry for the delay, but work got the priority today, and the fuel light is still on. The install was a snap, maybe 5 minutes max. About as long as it takes to check the oil and store the rag. As for towing...I don't tow...anything. I could get hooked up to some friends trailers that hold tractors and such, but that will be in a few days at best. The best psi. I could get today was 26 from the ev isspro series on the A pillar. I had it on the 4th setting, which is related to the "D" gear at install the whole time I tooled around. Ripping rubber off the tires is a snap, and getting it on a corner can get hairy on the painted surfaces. The truck just plain goes fast and smooth. It's amazing how much more precise the throttle is. There is also NO bucking with the shift changes, even when accelerating from 60 mph's on up as if to pass. Granted all of this was done @ an empty bed, and empty fuel cell. I sure did not hear any lope in idle today.

In the a.m. I will fuel up prior to a meeting @ 10:00. After the meeting an airport service road for detail numbers. And in the p.m. one more inch of exhaust. That should take me into the wee hours in the garage.

I will follow up with detail, and try to schedule a heavy load with trailer later in the week.

I will also take my buddy for a test drive. He runs a DO*** RAM with a full BANKS power kit. I caught him walking in town today as I was pulling out of a side street...and I just had to nail it. My cell phone range not 30 seconds later....I didn't answer it. HA!

Again...HOLY SH**

BOOMERHD
04-07-2002, 19:48
Hey MACKIN,

You better stay away from the JUICE with that "parole" you got. Vegas will have odds soon on your getting a tick. in the next 2 years.

But I am only 40 minutes from the Port Jeff ferry, and you are plenty welcome to shred some country roads around here. I'm a Firefighter here and we get along good with the five-O.

Boomer :D

carrerars
04-07-2002, 22:36
A "Valentine One" radar detector is what I want to buy. I heard this detector works the best and
detects signals that other detectors haven't picked up on; should of bought one before getting
caught on radar going 105 MPH.

Carrerars,

2001 D/A ext. cab w/utility bed

72 911 Carrera RS look

98 YZF R1

mackin
04-08-2002, 16:07
BOOMERHD,

I already now I'll never make it. It is for ANY moving violation. Once I get "JUICED" it's going to happen. I'll be at one of our town Christmas tree lights minus a few yellows (AKA stop light) in my "JUICED" UP D-MAX. Up against a competitors truck gas or diesel show no mercy. I can tell you it will be for a mighty IMPROPER START. Thank goodness for you firemen apparently I'm going to need your fellow firemen to put my "TIRES " out after I get all "JUICED UP." Man I can't wait. Please, not one radar detector is any good, when it's sitting on the dash board NOT PLUGGED IN !!!!!!!!! Mine wasn't both friggen times AAAHHHGGGGGGG.
I'm going to start following my UPS guy around. He probably knows by now. Can you get arrested for stalking a BROWN TRUCK&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

pullinpower
04-08-2002, 20:57
Ok BoomerHD give us the story :D How does it do?

BOOMERHD
04-09-2002, 10:28
O.K.

Last night I Had a meeting at the firehouse. Took out a service tech guy from my Chevy dealership, and the guy with the DO** and the BANKS set-up. I let him drive. They both looked scared after driving just one mile down the road. I did disconnect the waste-gate line, and the best psi. reading I got was 33psi. The most important effect this box has is that it makes the Duramax run like a hopped up gasser. Even the DO** man agreed to that. They both agreed that they have not felt this kind of smooth power ever in a pick-up, let alone a diesel. I would not doubt that it could take a sports car off the line. The spool up is immediate. The temp. has maxed at 1,300 degrees, but only pushing it hard. Mostly at 650 degrees on the highway at 60 mph. The power brake is unreal, could cost a lot in tires.

With a set of BILSTIENS and VElVET shackles, what a ride!!!

When we got back to the station a few guys were still standing around the entrance and thought we had been some type of muscle car doing 1/4 mile sprints.......we were 1.5 miles away upwind at the time. They had thoughts of a NOVA with a HEMMI running the streets.

God bless EDGE, CHEVY D/A, and me while i'm driving the rocket.

My face still hurts from the smiles.

7mmSTW
04-09-2002, 10:54
C'mon Boomer please tell us you've got access to a track or a G-tech. At this point I might even settle for a stopwatch run. :D :D Ohh the suspense!!

pullinpower
04-09-2002, 12:06
Hey boomerHD go out and hook your wastegate line back up and do a few more runs,mine runs better with it hooked up,but I dont have the box either.Just go out and try it and tell me what you think. Wish you would line up with that dod-- and blow his doors off. :D

saynotoford
04-09-2002, 13:10
BOOMERHD-

Where did you get your JUICE-BOX?

mackin
04-09-2002, 17:46
BOOMERHD,

Stop right now.......take that box out of your truck and send it to me before it tarnishes your standing in the community.......You are so lucky man I envy you.Why couldn't I be the first.WA WA WA. I'll settle for runner up......I know the losers start at #2 so what.... I knew the "JUICE" was and is going to "BE THE CHOSEN ONE"........I got to go there go the UPS man again ... OH Crap... LATER

One question for you did you have the 02 upgrades done on your truck?

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

BOOMERHD
04-10-2002, 08:21
I'm on my way to hook-up to 7,000 lbs. in about 20 minutes. I will do some runs, and get some numbers and comment later. No hills here to speak of, so it will be on pretty flat terrain.

Boomer...............still :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

BOOMERHD
04-10-2002, 10:18
I'm back!!!

I hooked up to a Hudson Bros. 14' construction special loaded with an Oliver OC46 Bulldozer.

Towing is a pain in the a**. Braking is even worse!!! We took a guess at the weight, and we had the dozer loaded all the way up forward of the trailer. 5 or 6 ton?

0-40mph took 16 sec. with a max psi. at 26
0-60mph was 25 sec. with a max psi. at 31.5

The engine shifting was smooth, and the tranny held each gear longer than without the load When the posi took hold you heard it! The engine was a bit louder as well, but I had expected that, especially when at passing speed. As I said before, we have no hills around here, and I am not an experienced hauler. I did feel plenty comfortable with the power response. After racing around empty the past few days it was strange with the load, but the truck never hesitated with power response.

The country roads around here don't help when hauling. On the highway it seemed to perform very well.

madmax7
04-10-2002, 10:28
So I take it that Edge is starting to ship these. Any others getting them??

madmax7
04-10-2002, 16:08
Boomerhd- Were you special to get this chip or have they started shipping? :confused:

MaxNouT
04-10-2002, 16:11
As soon as I can get my hands on a Juice box,
I'll do some reporting on how it works when pulling on trips.I'll be pulling my offshore powerboat on various trips throughout the midwest.
Weighs out at approx. 15,000lbs with trailer.
smile.gif ;) smile.gif ;)

stretch
04-11-2002, 03:31
BOOMERHD,
Since you are the first to recieve the Juice, It is your obligation to this community of truck enthusiasts to fully test the new products. I think a 2-300 miles tow, say hauling an Oliver bulldozer, would definetly show the world whether or not the Juice is the best or will it falter. Since its hard to just go and drive like that, I figure that you need a destination and a reason, this is where I come in !!! I'm guessing I live about 100-150 miles from you, so a round trip is adequate mileage, and you can demonstrate the Oliver bulldozer in my back yard for perhaps a few hours because I am really slow in absorbing demonstrations so you will have to show me how it can push dirt over and over again ;) So BOOMERHD, what do you think, sound like a plan, remember, it an obligation...... :D

BOOMERHD
04-11-2002, 06:49
My obligation in life is to make myself and my family happy. So far it's working out, and as you can tell the JUICE has played a role in that. Even my family thinks it's cool to have a corvette for a truck. It's powerfull....period!!! It's smooth....period!!! I'm sorry I don't haul often, but so far the temps. are lower, spool and psi. is higher, and after I spent 40k, to spend a less than another 1k tomake it feel like a total of 50k..............IT'S WORTH IT. I will be towing again with the same load, but the owner of the trailer is going to drive. His truck is a FO** 350 CUMM. dually with a dump on it. It will be interesting to see how he thinks it tows. He hauls that load every day in his truck.

stretch
04-12-2002, 03:52
I wasn't serious about the obligation, I just need a bulldozer for a day!!! tongue.gif ;) :D :cool: