PDA

View Full Version : The cleanest oil change I ever did..........

mackin
04-07-2002, 12:31
If you have one you already now if you don't you should get one.............That would be the FUMOTO valve with a nipple. What a dream compared to the last time I changed my oil....If you would like I took PICS just follow the trail to misc. Duramax PICS. Digital cameras are so nice.
Now for the techie stuff: I only had a mear 3200 miles on my oil, and man it was black. Lots of soot. Not a scent of fuel present. Does that mean it's doing a real good job? The Amsoil oil that is. Or do I idle to much? I don't think so perhaps maybe in the Dunkin Donuts line getting coffee in the am. Letting it warm a little in the mourning 10-15 min. I would say out of an entire day about Eh 20 min. To much?
Now I know this has been beaten to death relived and beaten again
, but I must post my observations. Now when Mechanic Willy told us all about what the "suits" at GM told him about the "TIC." He and they are so correct. My truck with the old oil no audible tic present......Now I changed it went on an hour road trip and when I got home I let it Idle. I exited the truck and sure enough someone was in the oil pan typing the Morse code to the GENERAL. Not to loud mine never was, but audible...So I'll let you know how many miles it takes before it is no longer audible. So when I get this truck finally loosened up and broken in I'm sure it will not do it anymore. So they explanation of tight bearings, high oil pressure is all I'll ever need as an explanation for my tick because it fits my condition to the tee .......
MAC
:D

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]

[ 04-07-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>