PDA

View Full Version : Which level upgrade for tranny?

Murray the Cop
11-27-2003, 08:25
I am running a juice with attitude and am thinking about stacking with a predator. I am purchasing the predator for the diagnostis and tire/speedlimiter features but I know I won't be able to resist.I have been in contact with Joe at suncoast who says a tripple disc converter, shift kit and maybe clutch packs would be fine up to 450hp. A move to stage III is a big boost in price. Any advice is much appreciated.Thanks

Modified
11-27-2003, 19:24
I know little about trannys, but here's my opinion.
I've been dreamin about this mod for some time. Haven't done it because of the $2500. I know if I did it, it would be level three, or not at all. My opinion, to go less, based on info from knowledgeable guys on this page, would be "Half A$$". To pay someone somewhere around $800 or so for labor, as long as the trannys out, I'd have them install the triple disc TC, and replace the clutches, while they're installing the shift kit. Pay the labor once, and don't regret not doing it right later.
Like I said, I'm still dreamin, and not spending the cash. My stock tranny is enough for my Standard Juice. If I did the tranny, I know at that point, I would NEED more power mods.

dmaxalliTech
11-27-2003, 19:41
I am currently running that exact combo ( hot oj with pred) and have the Trans go kit. It works great for what I am doing and I am very happy with its performance. I know that Joe has very good stuff and I would agree that his stuff is top notch. Ats has some good stuff as well.. I think for that power combo, all three will do you well.

sdaver
11-28-2003, 11:46
After 22k miles on the first (sold and installed) suncoast level 3.5,I had it updated to the new level V with new c1 piston and clutches new c2 clutches and c3 and new coated steels. the tc valve was updated to 190 psi from the original 150 psi valve. The tranny has been flawless for the last 22k miles with not one zing or slip noticed. I run daily with the quad and 145 attitude stacked and the defuel turned off. The tranny has now about 65 miles since the update and the shifts are smooth and responsive. Of course it rained here today and no high power starts have been attempted. Once again I would like to thank Joe,Ron,Mrs Webb and everyone at suncoast for their hospitality and hard work. The update took about 6 hrs..... :D dave

Murray the Cop
12-05-2003, 05:51
The converter,clutches, and shift kit are not the same as the stage three. I was not clear when I asked the question. The stage three is a further upgrade but is considerably more money. I guess a better way to figure it out is to find out how much HP will the duramax make with the juice 125 stacked with the predator(on highest setting)? I think this number would probably give me a better idea of how much of an upgrade I need.The converter and clutch combo is good for aprox. 450HP according to Joe at Suncoast. Not sure about the stage three. Thanks