PDA

View Full Version : 6.6 really that good

Burner
04-30-2003, 00:37
Yesterday I had a strange thing happen. As I accelerated onto the freeway I noticed a white PowerStroke just ahead of me. He punched it at the end of the ramp...so did I. This is where it gets funny. I know his truck is hopped up because I'd had one almost just like it, 2001, that "rolled" almost that much smoke turned up. He "kicks" it and I'm right behind him, totally stock! The only time he pulled me was when I let off the pedal around 90MPH. I guess we just don't realize how fast these trucks truly are, stock. ........ I can't wait to see him again in about 6 weeks..... With a little help from JK I'll just "EZ" by him with the Preda-tendeners kick'en at 176ft per second. ;)

Burner-------> :D

NFLDMAX
04-30-2003, 05:15
Don't you love it....wait till you "modify" it, it will really fly. :D

Colorado Kid
04-30-2003, 08:05
I just know that my next door neighbor who's '98 PSD is chipped, piped and intercooled and smokes like a coal burner thinks I'm lying to him when I tell him I'm still stock...I haven't even changed the air filter element. We pulled similar sized 5th wheels into the mountains, and I stayed behind him until I got tired of the smoke...then I went around him like he wasn't trying....but he was. :D I even burned less fuel. tongue.gif

He's driven it. He's a diesel mechanic and he's looked it over pretty closely...he just keeps insisting that I'm going to hurt something if I keep drving it "turned up like that", without guages....but it's still stock, I swear!

Jorday
04-30-2003, 17:30
I'm still looking for a truck and was test driving a used duramax truck on the freeway today and was very impressed with how well the the big crew cab 4x4 2500 HD moved. It's a great engine.

Jordan

Lone Eagle
04-30-2003, 19:17
I want to see how my Juiced Dmax runs with a new 6.0. We are going on a 1500 mile trip up through Wyoming, SD and Montana with our 5th wheel in a couple weeks. I should be able to find someone to play on the hills with. Later! Lone Eagle :D

bora
05-01-2003, 17:56
My truck is bone stock and I think not only it accelerates well but also handles quite well too.

No complaints at all nearing 20K miles.

Knock on wood.