PDA

View Full Version : went to the dyno finally

king D
08-10-2003, 05:34
well yesterday finally got around to going to a dyno and for those that have never done it, it was a blast. too me it was as much fun as drag racing all should try it at least once.we took 2 trucks and tried out several differnt tunes and settups and before someone asks we didnt really watch egts we were only after hps.first truck we ran was my brothers truck,base line of 268 (the reason for this high number is because the ppe reflash wil not go back to stock completly it has a 20 hp tow program).next we added the edge tranny destroyer level 4 and it hit a peak of 443 but ran a nice long 404 hp flat line.well , noticed boost was down so closed wastegate ball valve down 50 percent and ran a peak of 455 with a flat 440 hp line.next we ran a ppe level 4 race,duramaxamizer and tranny destroyer all out balls to the wall and with wastegate 50 percent blocked peaked 520 but ran a flat line of 480 hp .next we blocked the wastgate 100 percent and retried the same settup.the peak was only 517 this time but the 507 flat line was the most impressive,equalled only by egts perhaps.the ppe and duramaxamizer ran closed wastegatea peak of 471 and a flat line of 395 hp ,however this was the longest flatest hp line we sall all day.we ran a few other combos on his truck then i put mine on.i base lined hp at 251 with wastegate closed about 40 percent,all my runs were made with wastegate closed 40 percent.next i added my level three quad tune and ran a nice flat 425 to 418 hp.next i added level 4 and ran a somewhat long bell shaped hp line with a peak of 455.7 .however on this run spectators thought they saw tire smoke so checked the straps ext...and tried again this time i added some propane to the mix and ran a disappointing 472 hp,when i saw it pop up on the screen i was like man something cant be right but a bystander produced a video cam that showed an immense amount of white smoke coming off the tires.with our time haveing ran out and the next customer being there waiting we made on last ditch effort to get some good hp numbers we tightened up the rear staps and increased air pressure in the rear tires by 15 psi.so we tried again using the quad level 4 propane and a 40 nozzle of nos to thin the black smoke down and ran a nice 558.9 :eek: :D :eek: .after that the guy who was waiting for next on the dyno was like dude keep running you can have my time but it was a long trip back home and the wife had friends coming over for supper so had to jet out.i feel good that by turnig up the propane and adding a bigger nos jet that 600 hp is very reachable,maybe next time ;) ....jess

[ 08-10-2003, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: king D ]

heartbeatcanada
08-10-2003, 06:21
Kind D

Very impressive numbers. The quad level 4 was that 200hp program or the 215hp??? I am amazed that your brothers truck with stacking 2 very high programs produced such numbers. I would asssume that quads level 4 and the destroyer would yield high numbers too. :eek: How was the smoke factor, i can only imagine how bad it was, i know how it was with my measily 407hp. :( Good to see those high numbers as thats where i would like to be in the next month or two. Later Jeremy

GMCTRUCK
08-10-2003, 06:33
Awesome numbers! :eek: Amazing what this engine will do with basically just programming. Did you get any torque #s? What type of dyno was it?

king D
08-10-2003, 06:37
Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:

I would asssume that quads level 4 and the destroyer would yield high numbers too. :eek: How was the smoke factor, i can only imagine how bad it was, i know how it was with my measily 407hp Later Jeremy [/QB]i ran out of time and didnt satck the quad and the destroyer ,,next time though,next time

king D
08-10-2003, 06:39
Originally posted by GMCTRUCK:
Awesome numbers! :eek: Amazing what this engine will do with basically just programming. Did you get any torque #s? What type of dyno was it? it was a dyno jet and we couldnt find a tach signal wire

heartbeatcanada
08-10-2003, 07:17
Hey King D

Forgot to ask, did it seem that the stock system couldn;t keep up to the fuel demand??? Or do you have a pump :confused: Still in awe, with my tongue hanging out over those numbers tongue.gif :D

king D
08-10-2003, 07:22
Originally posted by heartbeatcanada:
Hey King D

Forgot to ask, did it seem that the stock system couldn;t keep up to the fuel demand??? Or do you have a pump :confused: Still in awe, with my tongue hanging out over those numbers tongue.gif :D we had no popping or bursting issues ,both trucks have stock fuel systems

mackin
08-10-2003, 07:37
Saaaaaaaaaweet !!!!!

Did you use a Tech II ?? Buy how your describing seems you just ran it right out let it shift ....

Running on a dyno is a blast for sure .....

Guess a tranny helps.... ;)

Well Gmctruck enjoy your time ,enjoy your time...I'm coming ta get'cha...
Think I just might be the next "paper spectator "

Mac tongue.gif :D :D :D

sdaver
08-10-2003, 07:54
totally awesome.......email me the graphs.....been out of town....Ill be in touch :D dave

GMCTRUCK
08-10-2003, 07:57
Originally posted by mackin:

Well Gmctruck enjoy your time ,enjoy your time...I'm coming ta get'cha...
Think I just might be the next "paper spectator "

Mac tongue.gif :D :D :D I don't doubt it. smile.gif

mackin
08-10-2003, 08:40
Originally posted by king D:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GMCTRUCK:
Awesome numbers! :eek: Amazing what this engine will do with basically just programming. Did you get any torque #s? What type of dyno was it? it was a dyno jet and we couldnt find a tach signal wire </font>[/QUOTE]What RPM was peak HP derived at ??

Horse Power X 5252 divide in RPM = Torque ...

Mac :D :D :D

[ 08-10-2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: mackin ]

heartbeatcanada
08-10-2003, 09:58
Any g-tech times with just the quad? Gotta be low 13's, give her a little shot of laughing gas high 12's :confused: Looks like we might be getting the Dodge boys attention. Just think all this with no injectors or turbo, YET. Impressive Later Jeremy :D

king D
08-10-2003, 11:10
we ran 4th gear but no tech two kind of rolled into it and started had a few downshift runs that we had to throw out but then ran it up till it shifted on the 02 and on mine had od locked out.will have to drive the truck to see what rpm level matches speed and figure out or guestimate tq readings.by the way mackin thanks for the formula il let you know want be today raining like hell here.as far as gtech or track times on level 4 not yet just really too much power,i have a set of slicks and some rims at a machine shop hope to get them completed this week.dave i dont have a scanner,trying to find someone close with one so i can post the charts.

Texas Red Wagon
08-10-2003, 11:25
King
Great numbers. Sounds like you had alot of fun. Once I get my tranny done I am going to see a friend of mine who has a dyno. If you get a chance shoot me an Email I have a PPE question for you.
Thanks Scott
scottckerr@cs.com

Burner
08-10-2003, 15:51
Jess, Just FAX the sheets to David and he will scan them in. ;) Which tranny were you and your brother running? I see Slicks in your Dyno future. ---------- :D :D :D

Burner----------&gt; :D

sdaver
08-10-2003, 17:12
fax 205 345-3785