PDA

View Full Version : Oil change

mackey_62
04-09-2002, 11:54
Hey everyone, real quick I want to say thanks for all the info provided here. Had many trucks but first diesel, you guys have been a huuuuuuge help.
By the way, not a single problem with this truck. Only complaint, 6 gears ain't enough, could use 2 more. For you guys watching mileage comments, getting about 17 here in central NY, expect to get better without winter mix.

I'm going for second oil change today, 2500 miles. First one was at 750. Dealer is providing "a few" free changes, guess thats what $35,000 and third truck gets you. Obviouslly using OEM filter, and RotellaT 15/40. I know there not going to be willing to give me synthetic for free. So how long should I keep going with free dino. Seems I've seen a few opinions saying 10,000 miles before synthetic. I'm thinking I should keep going to dealer as long as their paying.
Another question, has the problem with aftermarket filters been resolved? Should I stay with OEM when changing oil myself? Thanks

pullinpower
04-09-2002, 11:58
Man you got lucky,free oil changes.I would keep getting them for as long as it lasts :D