PDA

View Full Version : Newbie view on Predator

Cheavyduty
05-02-2003, 13:22
As I have been reading these pages for months now seeing what was what with the Duramax/Allison, I finally bought my own. I bought a 2002 Chevy 2500HD D/A CC SB. (did I get all those abbreviations right?). My first order of business was trying more power. Through runninwiththedevil I got me a Predator. Now seeing how I have never seen, driven, or talked personally with anyone using any other box I can say that the predator is great. Dialed in the 85 HP setting and ran my favorite piece of street (one where only count cops patrol and they are pretty rare) and WOW what a difference! I too do not have real numbers but anyone could tell the difference in power is fantastic. I'm gonna back it down to the 60 setting until the exhaust and guages are in place.
Thanks for all the advice I was able to pick up over the last months.

NWDmax
05-02-2003, 17:33
Welcome to the jungle Cheavy!

You'll love it here.

Blake :D

king D
05-02-2003, 18:00
got my pred in today loaded with no major problems it took a bit to raise the speed limiter,i dont think i held my mouth just right.the power comes in about 18-2000 rpms and pulls similar to a 90 hp juice prob not quite as hard.ran a 6.4 or 6.5 cant remember exactly 0-60 times at 1500 rpm launch.doing some stacks with a van aakeen with the timing taken out.one more thing i know every truck reacts different to chips to a degree but this pred didnt get me any hotter post turbo than the juice or power max.and when i stacked the van aakeen 140 with no timing egts went down.i will prob try running the timing somw later on.

RWTD
05-02-2003, 19:49
Fantastic gentlemen! I'm happy for the both of you. I love to hear feedback, so please keep it coming! I assume both of you found the proper way to adjust your tire sizes, correct?

I'm also curious to know if anyone on here has changed their axle, and has used the Predator to correct their speedo? I know it works, but I've rarely heard of anyone with a different gear.

I previously posted about 2 different gentlemen at the track, yet I'm afraid it may have not been seen, so here it is again:

A couple of customers replied to me a couple of nights ago and gave me their track times from earlier that evening. One of them is a member here, Yao, and the other is a dedicated reader. Yao was able to pull off a mid 15 at approx. 91 mph (great mph), but only had a mid 2.ish 60 foot, which undoubtedly cost an even better e.t. And Rob, ran a 14.66 at 91 mph with a 1.95 60 foot! Both were on the 100 settings. Great going!

Anyhoo, keep the feedback a comin', and if you get any track times please post those too!

Have an excellent Friday night everyone. I'm off to see X-Men 2 in a short bit! Can't ever miss Rebecca Romijn Stamos in action!

Regards...

[ 05-02-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>