PDA

View Full Version : just a little over my head??

tennykimble
12-24-2005, 15:41
i am a little cornfused - what IS a finger stick? does it have something to do with removing the catalitic converter? (sp?) im going to purchace an lbz in january. im not considering taking it off a new truck but i am curious though. thanks for the info guys !!!
keep on truckin'!! :cool:
merry x-mas !!! :D
kenny t

More Power
12-26-2005, 10:36
For an LLY, there is a "Boost Stick" (aka BS)available that allows increasing boost pressure. www.kennedydiesel.com (http://www.kennedydiesel.com) sells these.

Finger? A Montana high sign! :D

Jim

rjschoolcraft
12-26-2005, 11:15
The finger stick is involved in disabling the EGR on the LLY engines. That's about all I know.

ToddMeister
12-27-2005, 04:38
The Finger Stick is a small circuit board that has about 5 wires tapped into the d-max wiring harness. This board modifies the mass air flow signal to simulate correct egr system operation. It was created to prevent EGR fault codes when using EGR blocker plates or bigger aftermarket exhausts.
I have a Finger Stick and EGR blocker plate installed on my 05 LLY. :D

The Boost Stick is another board, with connectors, that plugs into the boost pressure sensor. This circuit in the Boost Stick modifies the boost signal to the engine computer to allow the engine to make higher boost pressure.

tennykimble
12-28-2005, 13:29
oh- cool now i know thanks guys!! :D