PDA

View Full Version : I am TEEEEEEED!

Gbenzx01
08-11-2003, 20:50
On Mike Tomac's thresd abt the times at the track we now discover something referred to as bursting?
And Sdave,
there was enough togo around & I understand you had a shot or two of this also on your runs at the track?
Since Mike had no lift pump I thought it was understandable that the Bosch pump might get a little thirsty.
But if you had the same with 6psi shooting the oem like I have with the fm100, what the????
And thanx Hoot, gave us a much better insight abt the Bosch & it's 3cyl piston positive disp. pump.
Now, sense Flyboy caught this & brought it out does the injection pump just send air with the fuel when it runs short?
And how in the world can it run short with say 3 or more psi of fuel beating on it's door?
I dohno, are the injectors refusing the offer by the pump of more fuel? Does anybody have a big sledge that I can borrow for a minute? Anyone ever seen the guy that unvented this contraption?
Let's see they don't seem to have a little skelaton & bones gremlit down here do they?
I'll just use this one :confused: & maybe this one :( & might as well use tongue.gif

Thanx, Gben

dmaxalliTech
08-11-2003, 20:59
I am no expert on the matter, but me thinks that the burp is more a programming issue then lack of fuel. At least with the TST.

Does anybody have a big sledge that I can borrow for a minute? Of course I do, I work at a GMC garage :D

Anyone ever seen the guy that unvented this contraption?
Last seen with Jimmy Hoffa :eek:

sdaver
08-11-2003, 21:00
had a similar issue with the pressure box on the high setting with the comp juice.......no lift pump then...........for me right now it's comp juice with a very healthy shot of propane...... :D :D dave

mackin
08-11-2003, 21:06
Originally posted by sdaver:
had a similar issue with the pressure box on the high setting with the comp juice.......no lift pump then...........for me right now it's comp juice with a very healthy shot of propane...... :D :D dave Hey do me a favor will ya ??

Call Joe tell him Mac is getting anxious .....
Getting tired of 90 setting,look'in more,it's available,but the LIL girl Allison, well ,she's tired .....

Mac :D :D :D

sdaver
08-11-2003, 21:10
will call in the am.........joe reads here :D

mackin
08-11-2003, 21:23
Originally posted by sdaver:
will call in the am.........joe reads here :D Thanks ... I'm gonna call break his valvebody myself also .....
I know he's a reader ,he should be posting,his insight would be valued ......

Mac ;)

mtomac
08-11-2003, 23:23
comp tst bursts, comp juice doesn't, there are other higher hp boxes that don't burst either. Don't call the firing squad on the injection system just yet.

Kennedy
08-12-2003, 07:40
And a lift pump is NOT going to cure it...

mtomac
08-12-2003, 08:41
correct

Gbenzx01
08-12-2003, 22:02
Thanx Guys,
But TST, may have to scratch you off my list. Could not Burp the thing all o way thru since there was nobody holding the wheel! :D
And now that Eric has esplaned abt Hoffa & the Sledge & Mike's tip abt the Firing Squad we'll be off to betterland. Maybe the inventurist of all this is back to picking flowers over around Frankfurt or Stuchgart where he came from! smile.gif
But really, when I saw the smoke in the video it somehow ticked my gourd that fuel shortage is certainly not a prob. Guessing that it was the TST shown. Yep, sure fell better... :cool:

Thanx Gben

OOPs, one more thing,
Eric did ya catch the ques from corn dog?
Can that be?

a64pilot
08-13-2003, 07:01
FWIW My TST comp box dosen't burst for some reason. For fear of the Ally I'll only roll into it from about 20 mph or so though, hasen't limped it yet but it will cause the TC clutch to shudder like the devil sometimes. I've only run it on 9&9 a couple of times, runs too hot for me. I'm a chicken and set the EGT limiter at 1400. I'll hit that real quick at 9&9, probably the reason that I haven't limped the tranny yet. Am looking real hard at John's 4in to 5in exh. as soon as I can afford it and maybe a 50 HP shot of N02 if that works to cool things off or maybe propane, whatever cools the best.
IMHO don't beat on a fuel system designed to deliver 300 HP of fuel because of sometimes it may be running out of fuel at around the 500HP mark. I have wondered for quite a while why the General gave us such a high flow system if they didn't intend it to be hot-rodded. It would be real easy to design a system that would simply run out of fuel at a set flow rate, say the 350HP mark, or put the tamperproof seals on the inj. electrical connectors etc. I give them credit enough to know that every time we blow the doors off of a Dodge or Ford that's good advertising for them.
BTW a positive displacement pump's rate will not change if you increase the pressure of the fluid going to it, as long as no vacuum existed to begin with because of course a fluid is not compressable.

sdaver
08-13-2003, 07:14
from mike and clints 1/4 mile times I would think the flywheel mark is 600hp+ :D not 500 :D dave

mtomac
08-13-2003, 08:31
a64pilot, if you have the pedal glued to the floor (1/4 mile or WOT street run) mine will burst above 8&7. It does it in 4th & 5th gear only with a full tank or a 1/4 tank of fuel. The egt limiter set @ 1400 is why you haven't experienced the bursting.

sdaver, I'm not making that much power yet, I'm just putting what little power I have to the ground

sdaver
08-13-2003, 09:51
18% loss thru the allison.........your weight and times suggest your are...http://www.rpmoutlet.com/dyno.htm

mtomac
08-13-2003, 10:06
I wonder how accurate that is. I think my truck was close to 6700# on sunday. There wasn't a scale at the track but I've weighed 6606 before at the track with everything being the same with the addition of 285 BFG AT's, the deep pan + fluid and the ATS kit + torque converter in the Allison