PDA

View Full Version : If you got it - -

torque
08-11-2003, 22:45
I started a 2 month (driving) vacation with a run up from SoCal to the Rendezvous in Missoula. I pulled a 30' 5th wheel with a dirt bike on a rack in the back - truck weight about 7500# and trailer about 9500#. From Missoula, I toured thru the Yukon Territory, Alaska, and home. My mileage to Dawson City (about 1/2 way) was 10.2 mpg and my mileage after that was 11.5 mpg.
The difference? I took the "Edge" out in Dawson City.
Same rig, same driver, mostly the same kinds of roads for the first 4000 miles with, and then for the second 4000 miles without.
Conclusion: If you got it, you'll use it. I like that "chip" a lot, but that extra power ain't free!

Gbenzx01
08-12-2003, 12:14
Conclusion: If you got it, you'll use it. I like that "chip" a lot, but that extra power ain't free!

But Torque,
I would say with that kind of pounds over that kind of sometimes tuff country is indeed remarkable mileage.
Would be kinda nice tho to have a stock level where you could just throw the switch on the go.
That way one could enjoy the econo on the long flats & kick it up when needed.
That trip must have been quite a joy. We're hopeing for that one in 04.

Thanx, Gben

torque
08-13-2003, 12:18
Hello Gben:
It was a graet trip. We took 2 months and saw a lot and learned a lot about what is needed to make the trip. If you need any advice about a visit up there, contact me at home: gsavelle@attbi.com