PDA

View Full Version : Tinted Window

wxmn6
05-03-2003, 10:45
I have extended cab with the GM window tint option. It appears that only the extended cab windows and rear window are tinted only. But do any of you know if this GM option also tint the front driver and passenger window and the windshield too? I am not sure if those are slightly tinted too because it seem to be just a bit darker than a clear glass window? Factory tint? Anyone know the percentage of tint for each window?

I do snowplowing and I find it would be difficult to back up at night so I might want to take the rear window tint off. How do I do that? Is the tint film located inside or outside the truck? How do I peel it off? Can it be saved and reused over again each year in the summer or would it do more damage than good? I heard that once you take the tint film out and put it back on later, it is more difficult to take out the next time?

Anyone that could clear out this confusion? :confused:

Thanks! :cool:

mackin
05-03-2003, 11:31
"I might want to take the rear window tint off. How do I do that?"

Throw a rock threw the window ...... tongue.gif

Just Kidding the tint is between the panes ...... Wish aftermarket glass could be bought to replace glass in stock vehicles to match tint location and darkness that would be sweet......

I'm on a mission now to get my windows done in the coming weeks .....

MAC

[ 05-03-2003: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

imported_
05-03-2003, 12:37
Window tint comes in a variety of colors, styles, strengths (determined by how much light they block) and qualities. It goes on the inside of windows and can be removed but not reused.

Here in toon town, and all of SK, it is illegal to have any decal (this includes window tint) on any of the front windows. This includes windshield, ds & ps windows and vent windows. I think it falls into the same category as loud mufflers, raised or lowered vehicles etc. The coppers usally let it go unless you are doing something stupid. About twice a year they throw a raid on everyone at check stops and take a huge tax grab.

I have all my windows tinted, including those on my cap. At night you can not see a thing through the rear view when backing up.