PDA

View Full Version : Quick help needed, U-joint size??

jpaitala
02-24-2005, 21:27
'97 Suburban with 8-bolt axles.
What is the size of the U-joints for the rear driveshaft, are both same or are they different in size??

If I remember it correct they are: 1.188 X 3.622
Am I right?

Thanks.

jpaitala
02-25-2005, 06:36
So much for the quick reply...

Forget it... I got the information already.

More Power
02-25-2005, 08:30
Your rear driveline contains a 1350 u-joint at both ends.

Being bitchy about not getting instant advice might not be the best way to win friends. :rolleyes:

MP

jpaitala
02-25-2005, 10:22
That's true.... sorry about that.

This happens to me eveytime as I put my car or truck on sale it will break somehow. This has happened me many times in the past.

I'm trying to solve a vibration problem on my suburban, it vibrates when going from 30mph to 40mph and not on any other speeds.

The U-joints are ok, rear brakes are ok and I'm real stumbled with this one. I have absolutely no idea what to look for... :(
The vibration comes from rear I believe since the steering wheel does not shake and I can feel the vibration on the drivers seat.

This frustrates me unbeliavably much, so I have been a bit cranky lately. Sorry everyone about that.

Any help concerning about solving the vibration problem is highly appreciated though!!

cruzer
02-25-2005, 10:46
Check to see if the tire has slipped a belt.
Slide your hand palm down on the tread area of the tire all the way around and feel for bulges.
Also check and make sure tire is not out of round.
The 1st signs of an out of balance tire starts around 30-40mph. Another Idea would be, put the rear tires on the front and see if the vibration moves to the front. Just throwing out some ideas.