PDA

View Full Version : Is Predator 1.04 Out Yet?

DMAX_Phil
05-04-2003, 18:03
Anyone have one? If so, how's the new features? It was my understanding that the 0 HP program was on the 1.04 (?). Thanks.

Phil B.

king D
05-04-2003, 18:48
i have been running one from rwtd since friday.i personally have not used the 0 tune because i have been testing with it in stacked situations.it is nice to be able to go over 95 mph if i want and the truck seems happier with the speedo corrected..jess

DMAX_Phil
05-04-2003, 22:02
Thanks Jess. It takes a while to get the web pages updated (they still say 1.03) so its good to know its available and working (?).

Phil B.

ndamico
05-05-2003, 11:28
I've got my 1.04 and it seems great. I'm still hoping for a timing-less tune to so i can try stacking the higher levels. tire calibration is within .6 MPH which is great!

sdaver
05-05-2003, 11:43
mine seems to be within .5 mph........according to my gps......the stock tune works great w/ level 4 hot juice........ :D dave

RWTD
05-05-2003, 22:49
> Thanks Jess. It takes a while to get the web
> pages updated (they still say 1.03) so its
> good to know its available and working (?).

Phil, YIKES, sorry on the webpage ordeal. I had to reformat my computers this past weekend, and just got around to reinstalling my html editing software. I'll get that changed to v1.04 here in a few.

Mr. Dave, what's going on since I shipped you v1.04? You enjoying that 0 tune? Obviously, heheh ;) When you coming down so we can go burn the track up? I swapped my upper pulley tonight on my Cobra, and OMG lemme tell ya, that torque is deadly now! I can smoke 1st, 2nd, and get a lil sideways powershifting into 3rd.

Where's OrangeJuice lately on here? Speaking of powershifting, I don't think I can out powershift him in his dura from the sounds of it. :D

As for tire calibration and being w/in 1 mph, I'd say that's pretty damn good. You could, however, experiment with different tire sizes to try and even hone in closer. I've found finding the exact height you would need, and then playing around with different tire combo #'s until you get to that height, and then see if you can hone it in any closer.

Regards...

[ 05-05-2003: Message edited by: RunninWithTheDevil.com ]</p>

ndamico
05-05-2003, 23:32
James,

I actually played with mine a bit. I have 285's and tried 275, 280, 285, 290, and 295... actually the 285 setting on the predator was the one i went with. go figure... my gps is a bit old, and no WAAS enabled so i'm happy to be as close as i am...

orange2
05-06-2003, 09:06
Been busy farming and getting a flywheel put in my truck. James tem new Cobras sound like a riot, i may have to get some juice for the T/A, wonder if it could take a 250 hp shot without blowing all to hell. I still need to get my predator sent in to get updated, just been real busy.

mackin
05-06-2003, 18:22
RWTD

"I can smoke 1st, 2nd, and get a lil sideways powershifting into 3rd."

Lil sideways ....... :rolleyes:

You should see a Big Dually D/A do that .... Better yet be in the drivers
seat for the thrill ... :eek: :eek:

MAC

RWTD
05-06-2003, 20:25
:eek:

RWTD &lt;---bows to Duramax power!

Maybe it's just that my IRS hooks so well on that lil snake of mine, but then again, if I had 600 + foot pounds of rear wheel torque on hand, I'd probably be able to get wiggly all in 4th too, lol! I do remember Troy saying he can get a big bark out of 4th.

ski
05-06-2003, 20:46
James,

how come the f@rd diesel and GM gas are the same price but the DMAX version is + $30 :confused:

orange2
05-06-2003, 21:16
Yea I can get a bark in 4th but that is at what, 50 mph? maybe. I know the thing will only go about 80 in 5th. My T/A will go 49 in 1st and I can blow the tires away going into 2nd and maybe a bark in 3rd, I ain't a big ford guy but those blown Cobras are one wicked car, 12.9 quarter, bone stock, if I remember right, I imagine with a smaller pulley and more boost that thing has to be a riot. My T/A is a 13.8-14.0 flat quarter car and it feels fast as hell, good top end too, no trouble burying the 155 mph speedo. Its neat to have a fast diesel truck but a fast car is alot more fun, to me anyway. I had a 79 T/A with a built 403 olds in it (yea I know, the 403's didn't run) the thing idled at 1300, it was built by a sprint car guy. It would run high 12's on the motor and high 11's on the gas at about 118. The only car around here to ever beat it was my 80 Vette that had a well built 454 (all motor). Never ran the T/A with juice against the Vette, the Vette would have lost baddd though. The kid I sold the T/a to never had juice on it that is why I never ran it with the juice, just to clarify things. The Vett was alot of fun, you could steer with the front or back end, depending on your throttle foot. Ahh, the good ole days. :D

DMAX_Phil
05-06-2003, 22:24
RWTD:

I saw the previous questions asking where the torque maxed out with the Predator. You answered for the 100 HP tune but what about the other settings? I'm most interested in 40 and 65 HP tunes (towing) and where the max torque is for these settings. Thanks.

Phil B.

RWTD
05-06-2003, 23:09
ski, that's DiabloSport's marketing, bud. Part of the reason is the Duramax gives more options than the current version on the Powerstroke Predator (5 tunes instead of 4, axle and tire adjustment - although that's coming in the next revision for the Powerstroke), faster programming (15 seconds instead of 2 minutes, etc. I know that may not totally justify the difference in price to some, but the biggest reason is also the fact that the engineering team had to put more time into the research and development of the Duramax as well. The pricing structure is similar for other companies that build units for both vehicles as well. Fact of life is that Ford aftermarket parts are almost always cheaper, unfortunately.

Troy, you've had your fair share of cars haven't you? What I'd give to have today all of those you listed, especially that Vette. As for my Cobra, I'm around 460 rwhp right now and close to 500 rwtq after that pulley swap (gonna retune and dyno next week, but I did get my air/fuels dialed in on the street perfectly). Soon I'm gonna shoot for 500 rwhp and then I'm going to swap the blower over to the new Kenne Bell, and go for 600, yes, on stock internals (ALL forged, Manley rods, ARP bolts, etc.)! It's the best Ford ever made, if that's saying much ;)

Phil, the peak readings on the other tunes are all w/in a couple of hundred rpms as the 100. The new tunes make great power, as advertised, and develope the torque early on in the rpm range. I'll try and get some more exact rpms here soon for you.

Have a great night everyone!

Regards...