PDA

View Full Version : Injector Question

Cowboy_120
05-05-2003, 14:58
I recently had 3 injectors replaced after they were found to be leaking. It took GM 15 days to finish the job (which was all covered by warrenty, they covered the cost of my rental).
3 days after I get it back (about 40 kms), the truck starts leaking fuel again. I take it back, and they say that the #2 fuel line leading to the injector came off and they had to replace it.
I got another rental (had to go to Kentucky) and when I came back, they said they would not cover the cost of the rental because it was not their fault and it was not under warrenty.

My argument is that it was all part of the same job because they had to un-do the hose to fix the injector. Also, they said the fix was under warrenty, so if it is, then the rental should be covered too.

My question (since I do not know a lot about diesels) is: do they have to remove the fuel line to the injector if they are replacing the injector? Shouldnt it be all covered if the injectors were?

Any help is appreciated, I am trying to fight this one.

chuntag95
05-05-2003, 16:08
The fuel line from the rail to the injector must be removed to replace the injector. It is not even a hose, it is a steel line. They would have to remove all of the lines on that side to get the cover off to replace even one injector. Take them out to the truck, open the hood, point to the line and ask them how they replaced the injector under that cover without removing the line? It should end your argument and if not request the manager send them for drug testing. tongue.gif

Cowboy_120
05-05-2003, 18:45
thanks for the info chris, I will be heading back there soon to argue it. Its a $400 issue! Its too bad, because they have been really good so far, but I am questioning wheather I should move to a new dealership.

amccom
05-05-2003, 19:27
Why not also call up GM and ask them why a brand new engine with such low mileage should have leaky injectors? what is going to happen when the warranty runs out? One of my trucks is a 13 yr old gm diesel and the injectors do not leak and are orginal. I suggest a nasy call to GM and keep up the pressure.

Cowboy_120
05-05-2003, 19:45
ya I was thinking about that as well. It definately seems strange. I want to make sure all of these problems are fixed before I put my Banks stinger system on. The injectors are under warranty for 160,000kms, but once I put the banks on, no more warranty.
I think I will be placing a call tomorrow to GM.
Does anybody know the number for GM customer service for Canada?
Thanks.

DURAMONSTER
05-05-2003, 23:09
If im not mistaking its in your deisel supplamental owners book. The us. and canada #rs. I think I saw it in the overall owners manual also. If you cant find it post up and Ill look for it.

Victory Red
05-06-2003, 03:48
Section 7-2 of the owners manual. In Canada, contact GM Of Canada Cusotmer Communication Centre in Oshawa by calling 1-800-263-3777(english) or 1-800-263-7854 (frenhc).

Cowboy_120
05-06-2003, 05:12
thanks a lot guys, i will call them this morning

DURAMONSTER
05-06-2003, 23:33
Keep us posted.

Cowboy_120
05-07-2003, 05:29
I called the dealership back yesterday. I told the service girl that I had lost my last invoice (where I had the injectors replaced, prior to this last incident). She looked it up and told me I had the number 8, 5, and 2 injectors replaced. I said good. Now tell me how you can replace those injectors without touching the fuel rail? She put me on hold, and then came back on the line and told me everything will be covered under warrenty! That just saved me $500 bucks!

I owe you guys big time! There is some service manager sitting behind his desk feeling pretty stupid right now!

Thanks a lot to all who helped.

Robin

DURAMONSTER
05-09-2003, 01:53
Justice is awsome.