PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter

WhiteDuramax
05-06-2003, 14:41
I am a newbie here, just got my Duramax a week ago, it had 66,600 miles on it when I bought it. I figured I might as well change the fuel filter since It didnt look like the D***e dealer I got it from did. Don't worry, the truck wasnt traded in for a Cummins, they bought it at auction. So I changed the fuel filter today and was kind of wonderin what type of filter it was, it didnt have a brand name on it. Just a part number, 7430 was the last four numbers I think on a white filter. Seemed kind of wierd not puttin a brand name on it. I put a Wix on, what are u guys payin for fuel filters? I paid $25 for it, seems kinda high? Thanks, I am sure I will enjoy this page.

TooMuchMuscle
05-06-2003, 15:09
WhiteDuramax,

No worries... only one company makes a fuel filter for this truck and that company is Racor. All other companies who sell the filter just re-label. Also try and keep 1 or 2 fiters handy. You dont want to be stuck and get one from the dealer. Stealers want $60 or so for one. Some vendors here and some other online stores have them for around $15. If you looking for other information on filters use the search engine and you will find more than you ever bargained for... Best of Luck!!!