PDA

View Full Version : Code P1238 ????

HoustonDMax
08-15-2003, 15:59
Anyone have any experience with this code? My friendly AutoZone guy read it out of my computer(it was in there twice). He looked it up, and table described it as a "fuel pump secondary circuit malfunction."

Truck had very occasionally had a "rough idle" and very rough acceleration for the last couple of weeks. Would only last for a minute or so. Did it both hot and cold. Sometimes would go for several days with no instance; sometimes, several instances in the same trip. Only occasionally would it set the SES light; most of the time it wouldn't. Several start/stop key cycles and the SES would go away.

Would like to have some idea of what I am up against before taking it in. I assume, even if it is not acting up when I bring it in, having the code in memory should be adequate?

Yes, truck has been known to ingest a little Juice, w/ VODKA, thru a JK Mega.

Any suggestions from the experienced?

Thanks

dmaxalliTech
08-15-2003, 17:31
a 1238 is a code for no 6 cyl. It is set because the ECM doesnt see what it wants to see on that particular control circuit. The first thing I would do is remove the juice, not because it there, but to remove any extra from the wiring. Carefully inspect the bottom CAN connector to make sure its seating properly the white plastic lock tab must be properly inplace and it must draw the connector up square when flipping it over. The no 6 signalwire from the ecm to the ficm is on the bottom of the connector torwards the rear, if the connector is not drawn togather evenly, you could be loosing contact, also make sure all the pins in the juice connectors are not pushed in and not making contact.. That is about all you can do short of breaking out the book and the test leads and meter..

HoustonDMax
08-20-2003, 06:05
Dmaxallietech, followed your suggestion. One of the white assemblies holding the wires on the bigger of the two pairs of connectors had backed off a little. I reset it. Don't remember if it was the stock, or the Juice's, but it should still be conducting the same signal. Have not had a problem since. Couple more days, and I will say this is fixed!

Isn't information folks are willing to share great!

By the way, complete Juice disconnect in under 30 seconds. Should have no problem resotring factory connections in under thirty seconds as well, so less than one minute for either a complete Juice install or uninstall. Amazing the power you can get for less than a minutes time!!!!

Thanks again Eric!

HoustonDMax