PDA

View Full Version : Dual Alternator Question for mdrag

TFEnt
08-15-2003, 19:18
mdrag:

Do you have these pictures up yet??

I bought all of the parts for the dual alternator mod and have also purchased two Powermaster 200 amp alternators. I searched the forum but found no installation instructions for the mod.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

mdrag
08-16-2003, 01:24
SSmokybear,

I do NOT know if this will work on MY 2003 trucks since I do not have the 2003 Helm manuals and have not seen the schematics for 2003...

Disconnect both batteries before beginning, and the ignition key must be 'OFF' when disconnecting or reconnecting power - or damage to the ECM/TCM could occur.

Add a terminal to the ECM at position C1-32. Use the same proceudure to add the ECM terminal described for the high idle function found in KENNEDY'S TECH TIPS (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/docs/HIGH%20IDLE%20INSTALL%20FINAL.htm).

The wire from C1-32 goes to the aux alt 4 position connector, using the same location as the BROWN wire on the OEM alt conector. Only (1) of (4) of the positions on the aux alt connector is used. Attach one end of the fusible link to the aux alt, and the other end to jump start (+).

Sorry, the dual alt pics went away with my PictureTrail account, and I never reposted them - the pics won't help much anyway. Good luck.