PDA

View Full Version : Another EGR Question

Roy W
01-04-2006, 08:02
I unplugged my EGR valve on my stock motor just to see if I could detect any performance difference. (I know that it set a code, but no SES). I felt the result was a quieter idle, and possible a little more turbo whine, but no "seat of the pants" change. Not having a EGT gauge, I couldn't judge temps. My question is: Is there any performance difference between just unplugging the EGR versus installing a blocker plate and Finger Stick? If the Finger Stick just eliminates codes, why do you need a blocker plate? Is there something I'm missing?

Kennedy
01-04-2006, 08:28
The blocker plate is used to block flow of exhaust into the intake. The Fingers stick is used to combat DTC codes after alterations. In order for the Fingers Stick to work the EGR connector must be plugged in. When plugged in, the EGR will still function unless pysically disabled.

We also have the capability of neutering things entirely via programming (for off road use only ;) ) with the EFI Live product. As a service to my customers, this can be altered in a file and downloaded OR the ECM can be sent in as an exchange.

Roy W
01-04-2006, 09:48
John......Are you saying that exhaust will still flow into the intake manifold even with the EGR unplugged?......or does unplugging it serve the same purpose as the blocker plate......Roy